1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bloodmoon main quest problem

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Felinoid, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG] My current character, a Khajiit monk named Domara, was trying to circumvent most of the main quest (working for those bloody Imperials...yech! ;) ) by simply getting infected by a rogue werewolf. It worked, and I used the three days in Balmora (Recall) training a level before heading up toward Caldera and changing midway as I'd planned, then running up to Gnisis.

But even now that I'm on Solstheim, I still only get a simple transformation dream and no orders from Hircine. I'd checked the Construction Set before doing this to make sure that it was possible, but I guess I must've missed some requirement for running the dream scripts in the first place. Am I screwed now that I've had my first transformation not on Solstheim, am I screwed for getting lycanthropy before I was supposed to in the main quest, do I have to do the first parts of the main quest to get to the werewolf missions, or what?

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Your problem? You wont get the quest unless you do the Imperial part of the mission, and then the Nords. This may help:

When you first get off the boat and arive at Solstheim there will be a scrap of paper on the ground. If you pick it up, it will (in a round about fasion) tell you how to cure Lycanthropy. You have to do this if you want to do the Nord part of the quest because they won't talk to a wearwolf (Dont ask me how they know, they just do). And before you ask, I don't know why the Imperials won't give you the quest either.

Sorry I can't be more help, but I think this may be the only way for your character to do the quest.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Yeah, just had a twinge in the back of my mind and did some more checking around. I was actually looking at the wrong scripts :doh: ; they condensed it all into one script with a very loooooong if-else statement that did show a journal requirement that corresponds with the attack on the Skaal village. But it looks like if I did go through the regular main quest channels at this point I wouldn't have any problems until meeting the Skaal, at which point I'd need to be cured.

However, my character has a big problem with the Imperials ... and Nords ... and pretty much everyone who isn't Khajiit, really, so I'm not going that route. I never even entered Fort Frostmoth to begin with. I've already done the human side twice, will probably be doing it again in my fourth and sixth runs, so I'll just leave it for this time and let it sit until my fifth run, as an Argonian who'll get infected while working for the Imperials. Oh well. Time to go slaughter the population of the island, I guess. :evil:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.