1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blood for the Abyss going North

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"Balance schmalance, as long as there's gold and gems," the gnome muttered to herself. To those around, she said loudly, "Yes, balance and Mother Earth and all that. We should find this wyrm's lair. Dragons are sometimes willing to help others if it furthers the dragon's agenda. It could be part of the attack on Sunglow."

Skiffle invited the giant and his friend to dine with her tonight.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ja'a'la stepped over by Culculna. "you were asking about the woodelves before our little interruption. Come join me in a meal and I'll tell what little there is to tell."

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Posting as Fanten

Fanten was amused by the actions of Fenris it appeared that he and Shalm were preparing to become mates, as wolves mated for life he wondered how this would affect Ja'a'la and himself. He would have to talk to her at some stage about it and see how they were going to cope with some very intelligent wolves, perhaps the elves would take them in.

Meanwhile he took the gnome up on her offer and joined her and his friend for food, sitting carefully he asked Skif "So how did you meet our reticent friend here, tell me the story and how you came to ride shoulders"

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Waving a hand, she rolled her eyes. "Ack, Hymie here was trying to kill an orc invasion by himself! Can you believe that? If I hadn't come along when I did, your buddy would be roasting on an orc spit by now." She winked and jammed an elbow in the barbarian's ribs to show she was only joking.

She drank from her filled cup first, then asked, "Do you know much about the area around here, meaning the dragon lair?"

6. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Silviras sat down near the two half giants and the gnome, intrigued to learn about the Red Wyrm. He jerked his wings to get out the kinks, and started to prune one, pulling out bent or broken feathers here and there.

7. DarkStrider

Posting as Fanten

"That sounds like him yes, well I know some of the land near the giants that like to eat anything, we will need to be extra vigilant around there they love to set traps. As for the Wyrm she hasn't been active a lot recently according to the rumours, what that means I have no idea. But if the stories are true there will be plenty of gems to satisfy any gnome's desire, yes?"

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ja'a'la took Culculna up to her family's home. At first glance the houses seemed simple blending into the massive tree branches but if one looked closesly beautiful and intricate carving could be seen. A great deal of time and love had gone into the building of the houses. The house was circular as it curved around the tree trunk. The furniture showed the same care in making it as the house. Pillows were used for seating. A stairway ascended up into the branches overhead. There were many wide 'windows' which could be shuttered in cold or stormy weather.

Ja'a'la greeted her parents and introduced Culculna. "this is Culculna one of my traveling companions. I have invited him to dine with us. Culculna, my mother and father, Ka'a'ma and Tra'a'ran. My brother, Ba'a'tran. These wee ones are my sisters, Ca'a'tala and Da'a'tala, twins. Most unusual are they."

Settling Culculna she went to help her mother bring in the food. They gathered round a small table. Questions were asked about the new arrival and his companion wolf. The twins couldn't ake their eyes off Culculna clearly wondering who and what he was.

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Silviras looked down at his feet; there was a small puddle. He smiled, then decided to have some fun. He focused on the water and raised his hands, small orbs of water raising with him. The orbs started to bubble and move, then they formed into three small dragons. The dragons glided around their camp, their prism-like quality relecting spectrums onto the ground as they flew.

10. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

After following Ja'a'la to her family home, Culculna was met with much appreciated with warmpth and enthusiasm. As the family settled down to dine, Culculna eagery joined in the conversation surrounding the half-giant and his wolf, adding what information he could to the many questions about the newly arrived druid. When all questions were answered that could be answered, and the hunger for speculation about Fanten had subsided alongside the hunger for the elven food, Culculna ventured a compliment:
    "Ka'a'ma and Ja'a'la, my thanks for the food. It has been a long time since I have eaten this well."

11. Nakia

Media:
    Ka'a'ma beamed at Culculna. "Thank you. All our food comes from the forest. We do trade some with outsiders but mainly for metal or cloth. The forest provides amply for those who know where to look."

Ba'a'tran spoke up, "I understand you travel north into the deep forest and on to the mountains. Besides all the known and unknown dangers be careful of the elves you meet. The deeper into the forest you get the less friendly they are. They aren't hostile but do resent intruders. Ja'a'la won't be welcome simply because she is a wood elf. The elves of the deep forest think us contaminated by our contact with outsiders." He caught his breath and leaned back against a pillow.

Ja'a'la spoke up, "Before you asked about the wood elves. We are an old people and rather simple. We are very protective of the forest. It gives us all we need to survive and we are tied to it. Cities make us very uncomfortable. What Ba'a'tran said is true. The deeper one goes into the forest the more unfriendly are the elves. They are suspicious of everyone. Usually they don't bother you if you do no harm to the forest but what they consider harm someone else might think was harmless. I can help with advice on what not to do.

But enough of us, from the looks on my sisters' faces I know they want to hear about you. I, too, would like to know how you got involved in this trouble."

12. deepfae Gems: 7/31

Culculna smiled at the twins, Ca'a'tala and Da'a'tals, then at Ja'a'la. He was enjoying the attention, in spite of himself.
    "Well I must say that being here in the forest and all its majesty is a relief to me. I suppose I didn't know how much I missed it. I hail from the northern reaches of the Icekissed mountains. If your looks are anything to go by," said Culculna, smiling againat the twins "then I assume you wonder as to my origins. My mother was a Drow, and my father a Sun Elf. I lived with them until recently, when they" Culculna paused almost unnoticibly "Died."
    "Since then I have been searching for a home. I traveled down the Sunkissed mountains but was met with hatred, driven out enough to make me wary of revealing myself. When I arrived at Sunglow I thought that mabye I had found home at long last. Though it seems to do so I will have to aid Sunglow in its time of plight." Culculna stopped talking, and silence hung precariously, if patiently, on the air.
    After a moment Culculna spoke up again:
    "Me and Ja'a'la's companion, Silviras, voiced his and his people's impression of the Drow. He said that they were but subterranian cousin of other elves, not the fallen creatures my mother had led me to believe. Like I mentioned before, I was met with some hatred and violence while traveling the Icekissed Mountains in search of a new home. I had always assumed it was because of my Drow heritage, and took measures after the first...incident, to disguise my features when entering inhabited areas. But perhaps I was wrong in my assumptions? You have been very kind, all of you" Culculna motioned to theentire family "but if it is not too much to ask, would you tell me what you know of the Drow?"

13. Nakia

Media:
    Tra'a'ran spoke, "A mixture of Drow and Sun Elf, eh? You have a difficult heritage. It is unlikely that either would accept you because of the other half. The Sun Elves look down on the rest of us as second class elves just to start and a mixture of Drow and Sun Elf would seem an abomination to them.

As to the Drow; years ago I had a friend who was half human and half Drow. He said the Drow were a harsh matriarchy. There was a lot of fighting between the Houses. In fact whole Houses were wiped out. His father managed to escape. But from what I understand it is a difficult life.

I fear you will have a difficult time being accepted. There is fear and distrust of the Drows. However if you would like, return here when the trouble is past. We Wood Elves, at least those of us on the fringe of the forest, are more accepting of others. All we ask is respect for the forest that gives us life."

14. DarkStrider

Posting as Valnar

Valnar sat there half-listening to the banter going back and forth between his two friends, it was strange that a human barbarian that most people wouldn't look at twice; had ended up with a half-giant and a gnome as friends. He thought about what lay ahead cannibal giants, well best to avoid them if possible; if not there should be enough of them to deal with the giants, but the dragon. The dragon worried him if they had a dragon to deal with that was going to be difficult unless they could do the dragon a favour, still time to play those cards when the hand was dealt.

The immediate problem was going to be the Wood Elves of the deep forest everything he knew of them said that they would be tricky to deal with the one advantage they had was possibly Fanten as a Druid the Elves may respect him a bit more. Again a problem for another day no use ganwing at it now, he didn't have the bone in his teeth, yet.

15. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

After the small dragons had evaporated, he flew up to the Elven village. He asked some elves who were carving some wooden figurines where Ja'a'la's family lived. They pointed him in the direction of the house, and after a short burst of flight, he was at their door, knocking softly.

"Errm.." Soon after an elf came down some stairs and smiled at him, "Greetings, I am a friend of Ja'a'la's. Is she here?"

16. Nakia

Media:
    "Greetings, friend of Ja'a'la's. I am her brother, Ba'a'tran." Ba'a'tran led Silviras into the room where the family and Culculna were gathered. He was greeted warmaly, introduction were made and food and drink offered to him. They gave him a quick summary of their conversation especially the problems Culculna would face. The twins were ecstatic, staring at the winged elf with wide eyes.

17. deepfae Gems: 7/31

"Thank you for your kind offer, I will certainly remember it when I am through seeing Sunglow remains safe." Repsonded Culculna to Tra'a'ran. At that moment Silviras arrived, and Culculna greeted him, as well as helping the other elves bring Silviras up to speed concerning the conversation.

18. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

He smiled warmly and then turned to Ja'a'la and Culculna, "Shouldn't our group leave soon? The dawn approaches."

Then he added, "I know what it likes to be different and shunned by your 'kin'. By kin, I do mean elves. We are all elves here. Some do not accept my wings," he gestured to them, "yet there are still others who do."

19. deepfae Gems: 7/31

Culculna suddenly laughed. HAd he not realised it until now? Here he was, on an adventure straight out of the tales he thrived on, and he and his companions were dwelling on their differences! Silviras made a good point-they were all elves. And by such logic, brooding should be over. By the gods, they had a dragon to go about seeing!
    "Enough talk of the sadness of being different." said Culculna. "I agree with Silviras, it is high time we set about leaving. But first, I am in need of a short reverie in the least, to replenish my body for the road ahead."

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Skiffle finished her meal and stretched her small body, listening to the pop and crackle and joints. She yawned, saying, "I don't know how you two talk so much. Lucky for you, I'm a good sleeper. Have fun, kids, and turn out the light when you're done." Wiggling for a moment, she crawled onto Fanten's chest and squiggled her body into a compact bundle the size of a large housecat. She tucked a hand under her cheek and wrapped herself in a cocoon of tangled beard, snoring lightly.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.