1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Black Ice (FA)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by 8people, Jul 20, 2003.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    As the little FA in the title indicates - I have resurrected my little games and brought foward another Forum Adventure, they have died down, but I haven't forgotten them.

There are many people here who are new to the boards who haven't seen the original ones. So I will refresh the basic rules.

I am the only one who can post proper story. that is - I put description and everything and you can post what the protagonists next action will be - only one action, you do not know the consequences, and you can only post after I have, having a lot of people post inbetween is just lame.

nothing ridiculous, there aren't spaceships or anything like that (don't ask, some forums are just too childish for me.)

Have fun, try and be polite, any flames or anything can be PMed to me, try not to sabotage anything, not that you lovely people would anyway :p

and here goes:
    You are Alasir-Tiria, known as Altira to your friends - the people you communicate with at least. You have a strange abnormality, a curse from a mage in the next city. You are neither male nor female - though with enough concentration and willpower you can become one or the other for a short time. When peopel see you they cannot tell if you are a man or a women, however when focused you become a perfect version of what you wish to turn into, almost too-perfect, some are drawn to you while others avoid you, unsure. You have black hair and steely grey eyes, tanned skin, and are quite thin, like the rest of this god-forsaken city.

You wake up to the sound of drunks outside vandalising the flat below you. You live in the flat just above the ground floor, it is barely more than a room, with a couple of flimsy, cardboard-like walls seperating small areas off. there are several small windows, dirty and broken, the walls are ruined by damp and the few pieces of furniture you own are falling apart. Wrapping your thin blanket around you you stumble to your feet from the flat mattress on the floor. You look out the window. It's the same people again, always the same. Nothing ever changes, the same day-to-day drag of going to sleep and waking for hours of pointless work where you get paid a few copper pennies and sent home hungry. The whole city is just slums, nothing, a city of beggers and thieves. And pubs, lots of pubs, to drown sorrows, and have every last penny taken from you for a night alcohol and morning of hell. You scramble around for some clothes to change into, when a yell from outside distracts you, are they calling you?

up to you - you gonna continue looking for clothes and ignore them? Or listen to them and maybe reply? up to you.

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Altira listens what to what they have to say.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Altira leans against the wall by the window, and listened to the group outisede, it is the usual insults hurled around the streets... but some other things, things people shouldn't know:
    "come out you cursed dog!"
    "You genderless freak."
    "Come and face us like a man, not that you are one."
    and several unrepeatable insults.

Altira stood, stunned, how could they know? Had his secret leaked out into the streets? He knew how quikly the abnormalities of the people brought their deaths swiftly after they were discovered. Maybe it is just drunk ravings? Altira didn't think so somewhow, he recognised one of the voices. But couldn't remember where from. Altira edged away from the window shuddering slightly, jumping as half a brick flew through an already broken window, adding a couple more shards to the bare floor, already glittering from the previous missile.

What could Altira do? Perhaps getting out the house might help him, but certainly not dressed like this!

(Y'know - I'm not sure what to refer Altira as, seeming as most the time Altira isn't a he or a she, and saying it just seems rude.)

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

(Just don't call it a shim. ;) )

Altira grabs the first set of decentish clothes he can find and throws them on quickly. If there is a knife/switchblade/sharp pointy object in the room he will grab that as well and put it in a pocket.

5. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Altira pulls on an extremely holey shirt and a pair of trousers slightly too big. He loads up on knives, anyone ignoring to bring knives onto the streets was dead!

Glancing out the window he wondered whether he should take the back way out.

6. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Altira peers out of the edge of the window overlooking the rear exit.
    [Edit]
    Sorry about that :) Now get on with the story will you, and soon.
    [/Edit]

[ July 27, 2003, 00:42: Message edited by: Shrikanth ]

7. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Shrikanth - you are going to have to change your post, it is breaking the rules.

edit your post and I will edit mine to continue the story.

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Altira hides by the window to see if he/she can remember the voices.

9. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Altira listened again, realising that sh... h... er... Altira had heard the voices before,several times, once voice h... Altira recognised as a regular to 'The Severed Arm' a tavern down one of the numerous dark allies.

( :doh: Next time I shall chose a simpler subject)

10. Kasandra Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Making a quick decision, Altira sneaks out the back door.

[ July 30, 2003, 23:09: Message edited by: Kasandra ]

11. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Altira sneaks away from the window and edges towards the door, he find himself in the corridor, he begins to head towards the stairs heading down, when he hears a floorboard creak from behind him...

[ July 31, 2003, 21:54: Message edited by: 8people ]

12. Shrikant

The sound is too far back for Altira to take out the source of that sound with a quick back kick to the neck. He lunges forward in a desparate attempt...

13. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Too much detail.

You just need to put A SIMPLE ACTION, you don't need to put anything else, that's what I'm here for :wave:

14. Shrikant

[​IMG] What do you mean simple action? He lunges forward. Thats it.
    Come now. Dont tell me that bleedin a... err ... b... hmm ... Altira cant think.

15. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] your post was confusing - it seemed to be stating more about the sound, and what is he lunging forward for?

16. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Altira starts to run, towards the exit.

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Altira begins to run towards the stairs and is about to descend when a voice behind him calls
    "Hey, wait!" it was a young voice, like a twelve year old.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Altira rips out a knife and holds it in a ready position. He/she/whatever then spins around to see who just spoke.

(What form does he/she/whatever usually take? Male or female?)

19. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] (usually a male form, seeming as the place is dangerous and men can usually get away from fights easier(even though it's usually them to start them :p ))

Altira turned round with his knife in hand. It was Milrew, his thirteen year old neighbour. He looked expectantly at Altira
    "Um, I just wanted to ask you something." Altira scowled
    "What?"
    "Er... well..." He began to turn red
    "Spit it out"
    "I saw a girl round here yesterday."
    "What?"
    "Yeah, and she went in your flat."
    "Get lost Milrew" He looked put out.
    Altira turned away
    "What is Rilgayn yelling about outside? He seemed to be aiming it at you." Milrew said this very fast and looked slightly nervous. Altira looked baffled, what could he say?

20. Shrikant

Altira bluffs. "He cant stand loosing a bet. He and his drunken friends seem to want some disiplining. Now SCRAM!". He turns back to the noise outside.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.