1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BioWare Announces Darkspawn Chronicles DLC for Dragon Age: Origins

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by CelticDream, May 6, 2010.

1. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]Bioware announced today that they will be releasing new downloadable content for Dragon Age: Origins, available on May 18th. Here's a description from the official website about the content:

"You now fight as the Darkspawn! The city of Denerim, jewel of Ferelden, girds itself for war. As a hurlock vanguard, you alone hold the power to make thralls of your fellow darkspawn and drive them into the heat of battle. Heed the archdemon's call--Denerim must burn!"

• A look at an alternate history: what if your character had died in the Joining ceremony, and the Grey Wardens marched under Alistair's command instead?
    • A standalone adventure in which you command genlocks, hurlocks, shrieks, and even the mighty ogres.
    • Complete the module and unlock an epic Darkspawn item in DA:O and Awakening.

This new DLC will sell for $5 when released. To view screenshots and a video of the new content, click here.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I wonder if it's going to be just another crappy DLC like RTO and Feastday. It may be interesting to compare it to a fan made module I've been meaning to try out for a while now: Emissary - Quest Mod.

The unlock item thing is pretty stupid. All that bonus item nonsense is really getting old.

"what if your character had died in the Joining ceremony, and the Grey Wardens marched under Alistair's command instead?"
    -I know the answer to this one: everybody dies without any pants on?

What I don't understand is why make a DLC that is completely disconnected from the storyline when there are so many areas left to explore in the actual game.

Besides it looks like that DLC is about playing the wrong side at the end of the game (including the final battle) that is so original that I don't think I'll buy that new DLC.

I wonder when Bioware is going to fix the bugs in the game (and I'm not even talking about the console version here). We'd probably have a brand new patch by now if we had to pay for it.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  3. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    Here's my take on this new DLC that they're adding to the game.

About a month or so ago, Bioware was asking for people to nominate their favorite player created quest module along with links to said mod. I believe that this new DLC is Emissary but with a Bioware twist (I have Emissary, played it, but had to stop because while it was good - the creator did it with a Fade like quality, but blurrier, and I ended up with a massive headache from trying to focus on the images on the screen - also one of the reasons why I have the Skip the Fade mod, because it, too, gave me some problems with slight headaches if I played too long). I'm sure the person who initially created the original module got some good stuff out of it, and from what I've seen from the video, it's been highly cleaned up and taken up a few notches to make it an even more interesting add-on. Besides, for those who want to truly play the dark side of the game, it gives them the chance to do so, because I'm sure that some want to try a side where they didn't end up as a hero and possible martyr to the Grey Warden's cause, depending on the choices they made at the end.

As far as people dying without any pants on if Alistair leads them - if memory is correct, it's Alistair who said that he'd lose his pants, so he'd be the one dying in the buff from the waist down, not anyone else :lol:

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    The exact quote is "bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded without any pants."

So he is not the one dying but he is definitely the one without any pants on. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.