1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Biggest butt kicking?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Brallrock, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] Looking for the biggest butt kicking you all have had.

Spoilers!!

Here is mine, I was in Mendas' house and I had taken his quest, so I thought I would use the old knock them out with a fist and rob the house trick!

Whoops!! He killed me before I could blink. I never even had time to get a spell of and my fist didn't do much damage.

[ November 11, 2005, 16:07: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. jA Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Mine was when i was playing BG for the first time and i never played such game before...
    Wolf outside of Candlekeep has killed me a couple of times..me and Imoen..and eventually Xan and Mortaron(iirc they names)
    P.S.that was a couple of years ago...I'm a far far better player now!!! :)

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Well, my biggest butt kicking (not for goodness, mind you) was, of course, Sarevok... I mean I've been butt kicked in bg, but before I met Sarevok, I hadn't been BUTT KICKED!. :p

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Probably the funniest one for me was right after I installed the game and decided to try it out without reading the manual first. I made a Bard and tried to pickpocket Firebeard Elvenhair, who then zapped me with a ligthtning bolt. Fried in less than 5 minutes of playing (not counting character creation). I didn't even know how to attack him and try to disrupt his spell, though I doubt it would have worked since that bard had bad stats.

5. spooky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I decided to take Ajantis as soon as posible so i went north with lvl1 party. Take Ajantis into party. Made a foolish mistake to try and take out an ANkheg (large mantis with acid attack ouch). It was over in 6 turns. Rip everybody. :D

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Fresh out of Candlekeep heading to FAI. I spied an ogre and charged with my 1st level paladin, with the ever cheerful Imoen at my side.

He got a critical hit. I got crushed to goo.

7. w.d. Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

yeah, in truth sarevok was the best butkicking in BG.. running into him and his lackeys was awesome, even though shortlived. but first time around BG everything was deadly.. wild animals, kobolts in the mines.. (along with traps)..
    tho I think the only time I was seriously startled (besides sarevok) was when I met the basilisks under candle keep.. holy.. I couldnt understand what happened when my controls suddenly disapeared... then I realised there was a few too many statues in the room...

8. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My biggest buttkicking came from running into Sendai of Amn and thinking she would be as easy as the rest I had encountered so far. I had of course no decent spell to take out the archers, as they are what kills my party faster than I can close in on them.

9. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Surprisingly I've done pretty well in BG1. Only Drizzit and the demon in the dagger (Ungoth's Beard) force me to reload more than once nowdays.

I did beat the demon in my last game with just one reload. :D

Now way back in 2001 in my very first BG1 game...

I played a test game as a pure mage with 6 HP.
    I got out of Candlekeep OK but silly me thinking that with my +1 magical dagger and a awesome strength of 16 my mage could go toe to toe with one of those black bears. I got chunked if I recall. I resarted with a paladin so I could wear some armor. :o

10. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I pwn you all. I used to get owned by Gibberlings.

Gibberling - Critical Hit
    Gibberling deals 12 damage to Minsc
    Minsc - death

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It's a bit embarrassing, really.

My first time playing as a mage, after I'd played the game a few times and knew it fairly well, I got whacked by Shank. It wasn't even a critical hit. :o

In other games, it's been the usual - xvart at the Crossroads, kobold commandos in Nashkel mines, etc.

12. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Xzar, Montaron and I got owned by the wizard waiting for you at the Friendly Arm Inn before the guards got him. I can't remember his name now...

13. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

First game: started as a CN Transmuter (because I didn't know yet that the school restrictions were loosened when compared to PnP).
    Decided to shoot a bear.
    Imoen died.
    I ran away.
    Found a wolf.
    I died.

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Oh Oh! Well mine was this little kid called Albert (was that his name?)!

After detecting that the little boy was evil, and smelling something rotten about it, I attacked him, playing the holier-than-thou paladin back then. My butt was liberally kicked to kingdom come and all over the forest.

That was kind of funny though: "Here (evil) kid, see this axe of mine? Catch!....Huh what, no effect? Well, he's just a kid, what can he do?" At which point, moosh! Some incredible amount of damage and Minsc is mush. Then goes Khalid, Jaheira and the rest. Now what was that better part of valor again?

15. Winterine Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

@kuemper - Whacked by Shank? *chuckles* Ouch!

Sarevok did it for me mostly, though I do remember my earlier days I was unprepared for that mage bounty hunter outside the FAI. Blaster mirror image of his!

16. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I guess I should amend my orriginal post, I got my butt kicked many times and many places(never by Gibberlings though) and had to do power word relaod alot (I am now the master of saving very often). The forementioned butt kicking was the most supprising and qucikest I died.
    It took fourteen tries to get by that bastard at the FAI, and I almost gave up and quit playing (Thank God I didn't).
    I am cuurently playing my first evil party ever and thought I would try to kill Shandalar after doing the quest(seemed like the evil thing to do). "Thought" and "try" being the key words here. That dude is tough, and if you start to get the upper hand(yeah right) he just warps out of there.

17. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I should add the first time I faced those sirines in the lighthouse area was a disaster. I didn't know about their charming skills and they got my level 3ish party and their poor saving throws but good.

They killed each other and I was :confused: and :mad: .

18. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I used to have huge amounts of trouble with the party at the entrance to the Cloakwood Mines when I was new to DnD/Infinity Engine games. Come to mention it, it was the Cloakwood in general. Spiders/ettercaps and web traps were a nasty combo for me back in the day.

19. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

With mods (Dark side of teh swoard coast) i remembering entering the Nashkel mines at level 3 (elf ranger) and with imoen and kivan (level 3's) and thinking : "Heck, its about time i just clean up this poor excuse of a kobold mine, just so i can get to the longbow +2."

second floor, 5 seconds, powerword reload.

To this day i am still nervous whenever i see Kobolds in games.... they frigin scare me....

Without mods, id have to say Davaeorn in teh final floor in cloackwood mines. I spendt two full days with next to no sleep or food trying ot beat that one guy the first time. In the end i had to buff Coran as well as a icoud with shortsword +2 and boots of speed, stealth armor etc, hide everyone else on the top room, and use Coran for running aroudn backstabbing running hiding, rince repeat for close to an hour.

20. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

My first time was when i first played BG and started to attack people at random in Candlekeep.
    Those guards are tough...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.