1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Big Glitch

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by acat1976, Sep 8, 2007.

1. acat1976 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ok, this is the 2nd time ive tried to play this game and have goten denied by the massive glitches. I was at the part where you face the black arraccat at the house of gems. During the battle, I accidently clicked on the sword holding the cleric to the wall. After the battle was over, I saved to my only save game and looked in my inventory for the sword. It wasnt there. I looked in my quests to see if "Heartbeat" was furthered and it wasn't I went to the dwarf spirit in the house of gems and he was still fading away. I never got the sword and now I cant comeplete this quest. THis is the second time this has happened to me. anyone have any ideas on how I can "revert" to an earlier time? I dont have any earlier save games and I tried restoring my computer to an earlier date before this happened. Nothing is working.
    The reason I am asking for help is because I dont want to have to restart another whole adventure. I am really mad because I still havent finished the game! any one have ideas? :confused:

(hopefully people still play this game)

thanks,
    Jay

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As far as getting any fixes for this game goes, you're pretty much out of luck. Do you have the official patches for the game installed (available here on SP)? They're really the only bugfixes out there.

3. acat1976 Gems: 1/31

yeah i downloaded all the patches already. 1.1-1.4. Oh well, i guess ill have to find a different game...lol. thanks anyways

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Two questions:

Have you destroyed the egg sacks?
    Has the sister's spirit been released?

Be sure you destroy the egg sacks and examine the sister's body. You may be able to get a dialog thread that allows you to restore the waters. The waters must be restored before Ironbar will help you.

5. acat1976 Gems: 1/31

heres the problem: i already destroyed the egg sacks, and the sisters body and the sword are both gone. I dont have the sword and my quest wasnt updated. I think it got messed up when i clicked on the sword during battle.

question: what "waters"? confused*

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The sister is staked to a pump (or something similar). Her body both hinders the flow of pure water into the region and corrupts the waters that actually come in. There is also a spawn pool nearby that should get destroyed (I thought it happened automatically when you free the sisters spirit) -- I think the spawn pool is key to Ironbar.

Just look around and click on things.

7. rudeboy Gems: 1/31

Same problem

Yep, exact same thing happened to me just now. It's been days since I've revisited this place, having saved over the file numerous time since then.
    The sister's body is gone and the Pool is still standing, ghost still fading. Looks like this is one big waste of time. ugh. sad thing is, I dunno if this quest will prevent me from completing the game.

8. CRPG CGNU fan Gems: 1/31

*spoilers*

i'm almost positive that it would...

you need Ironbar to get the replacement gem for the Mythal (in order to find out that old guardian dude lied or whatever)

if ironbar is still fading out, his dialogue will probably be stuck on the gibberish & unable to progress.... or at least i would assume so

2 questions, 1 - why only 1 save slot? 2 - why didn't you reload the autosave as soon as you realized you might have clicked it in battle & nothing happened? :(

sorry

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.