1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Big Event.s...Few new posts

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Llandon, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Is everyone here just burned out? Or "shocked and awed" by recent events? Or just plain tired of posting/talking.

There have been several new and interesting (if not down right historical) events happening in the fast few days....and I for one want to hear what all of y'all have to say about them....but more precisely there are 2 things:

1. What do you think of the Al-jezerra reporter being killed in Baghdad. And...what do you think about the claim that they were deliberately targeted? What kind of impact do you think this will have.

2. What's up with the fall of Baghdad? Or Basra, or most of Iraq for that matter? I didn't realize that "shock and awe" was going to be targeted at US!! And I for one am shocked and awed. Now I don't think for a minute that this thing is over. But my God did that seem to happen fast or what? And I have been fascinated at the sudden and apparant jubulation of the Iraqi people....and to more of an extent the general lack of HEAVY fighting in Baghdad.

Lots of stuff on my mind...but I'm not here to rant, I'm here to read your rants!

2. Szeiche Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

yes it is fast it only took half the time as it did for the gulf war or whatever war it was they had with him last (cant remember)

and no one really knows whats going to happen to Iraq when it the war is over do they?

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I can not imagine them being stupid enough to target the reporters willingly and knowingly and it wasnt only Al-Jazira people they have gunned down is it? I am quite sure there are a bunch of Americans and Europeans among the dead reporters as well. As this is a major propaganda drawback for the US they can not have been stupid enough to do it willingly, the only thing they can be blamed for is recklessness.

4. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Rants are a bit pointless considering all the dead civilians...oops... I meant to say "collateral damage" (that is the best oxymoron I know...)

5. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I too was surprised to see how easy things went in Baghdad but millions of people live in that city, I only saw a few hundreds cheering in the streets on the evening news, the war might end now, not sure the fighting will.

Targeting the press? There has been a lot of "friendly fire" as they call it but willingly shooting reporters ... well, I guess I don't know what I think yet.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.