1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Big Brother

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by fuoco, Aug 23, 2001.

1. fuoco Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

hey all u dudes in UK and europe, wot's this big brother thing i've been reading about? Is it something like MTV's the real world?

2. Big Brother? That's a dumb show...has you ever heard of Survivor? It's like that except they have to survive with each other in a house without going outside.

3. Avooch Dar Guest

in big brother they place ten ordinary people in a house which is isolated from the rest of the world for 8 weeks.
    Every week the house mates vote two of their comrades out but then one of these two is chosen by the public and evicted.
    they go on till three are left then the public votes for they want to win and thats it.

simple but effective

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Ten "ordinary" people in a house? I don't know about the ordinary part...

5. Avooch Dar Guest

yes well:

Penny was nuts
    Stuart was a pompous prick
    Narinda screamed all the time
    Bubble never put his tongue away
    Amma was an unattractive lapdancer (no really!)
    Josh was a poof with a small dick
    Dean was a funny brummie
    Elizabeth was more boring than religious education lessons
    Helen was a welsh tart
    Paul thought he was a popstar
    Brian was convinced that demons hid behing the mirrors.

PS Elizabeth is actually Satan
    book of Don Jolly chap2 part3.2

6. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

No dissin Big Brother...it's a quality programme!

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] You got to be joking Gash!

Only reason they made that show, was to get some of them having sex or show naked in the bath, so they could catch a broad audience!

[EDIT]
    I think I saw the show once, God, I have rarely seen anything so boring

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 23, 2001).]

8. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Y'all should have seen the American version, watching paint dry was more exciting. I hoped that the sequel would be better, but that hope was dashed on the rocks of the first two episodes. It was horrible, just horrible.

9. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Survivor. Robinson. Big Brother.The Bar. and probably more to add on to the ever growing list.I thought Robinson was cool. I never have seen survivor, but I think it might be equally cool. But as we get used to peeking into peoples privacy it gets boring.
    People get mad, happy, make love, solve problems, get depressed, annoy eachother the same ways as every season. So in a few years Big Brother and the likes get boring.

We want more deadly or extreme shows. Survivor-ultra or Big Brother extreme. Give it to us. We want to be entertained baby. Yeah baby yeah.

10. Silverblade Guest

I feel so ashamed, because we dutch people started big brother and now the plague has spread around the whole world. I just hate that show.

11. The Norwegians beat all the other Big Brother countries in most sex on national tv, WOOOHOOO!!!

12. Big B Gems: 27/31

What should we call you then, the Naughty Norwegians? :eek:

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited August 24, 2001).]

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Never heard...

However, using "Big Brother" is just exploit of an fake utopian world from George Orwell book "1984."
    The face that watch over everyone, but don't exist - however, it is part of the system.

Putting Big Brother in titles of lame shows is blasphemy.

14. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] hmmm George Orwell. Thats a name I haven't heard in a long time. One Low life novell he threw there. but brought me a 13 in verbal english A-level. kinda like A+(+). Yeah Yeah. I am dark and sinister. I love to have insight on a world where flowers and love are/is produced in testtubes.... Or I like to manipulate teachers.

But blasphemy? Dont go biblical on me E! :p
    By the way. Any american comments on survivor other than David L. "the talkshow"

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited August 25, 2001).]

15. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

What the hell is wrong with you people? It is SO kool!!

Thanks a lot guys you've done gone and made me all mad now...

:mad:

See?

16. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] ROTFL!

Come on Hooligan, :mad: is the state you should already be familiar with watching me around so much time here.... ;)

17. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

A new round of big brother just started here in Denmark 3 days ago.
    I'm so happy wohooo! :D

18. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

We have two reality show in hungary. Wow, we're on our way to Europe! Sometimes this shows can be interesting, but mostly they're a piece of shit, if you ask me.

19. Inferno of Balduran Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Big Brother would be much more entertaining if it was like that Japenese movie with twenty people on an island , one handgun , a load of knives and a one seater-dingy as the only escape route. carnage all the way home!!!!

20. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Another Dane on this board? Don't we have anything else to do :rolleyes: :)

You are absolutely right Inferno of Balduran. These kinds of shows get boring. So we want more. More. More. untill we can't get anymore. Those Human-shows are bound to die out in 10 years or so. IMHO

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.