1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)
  1. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

For a while now I have been trying to start and complete BGT. Here is my regular routine: create a character, complete Candle Keep, and stop playing after I pick up Imoen. Most of my time on BGT has been rolling characters. Here are the three best characters to date.

Human – Female – Shapeshifter
    STR18, DEX18, CON16, INT12, WIS18, CHA18
    This character one has 100 ability points. I started to play this character through BGT, but she was overpowering due to her werewolf form early on in the game. I changed her back into human form and was killed by a wolf in my next encounter. Great character with great stats; however, she is either superwoman or under achiever. I will use her in my group I am creating.

Half Elf – Female – Blade
    STR18, DEX 18, CON16, INT18, WIS10, CHA18
    This was the first time I ever rolled stats this high for a bard. I played this character into the first section with Imoen; however, after my first battle with gibberlings I got killed rather quickly. After that I decided this character is not the character I will play through with BGT. I will however find another use for this character though. I will include her in the group I will play through BGT.

Elf – Male – Fighter/Wild Mage/Thief
    STR18/93, DEX19, CON17, INT18, WIS10, CHA13
    To me this character is unbelievable. I rarely roll high stats for a Fighter/Mage/Thief. I usually have no problem with rolling STR 18/xx, DEX 18 or 19, CON 17 or 18, and INT 18, but I rarely have points left over to have CHA or WIS above 10. Only one other time did I have stats like this for an F/M/T and that character ended up being erased due to good old Windows Millennium crashing on me. When I created this character I wanted him to be within the story of the game, and to do so I had to find a way to age an elf by 100 years so that he would be a young adult. Below explains my characters story, and how he became a young adult elf. It also explains why he is a Fighter/Wild Mage/Thief and not another class.
    Abdel was raise by the Sage Gorion for the past 20 years. Abdel was just a baby when Gorion took him into his care; little did Gorion know that Abdel possess wild magic. Once Gorion knew about Abdel’s magical ability he taught Abdel how to control and use his inner magic. The magic lessons brought Abdel closer to Gorion and one day when Gorion was teaching Abdel how to cast the spell light, Abdel ended up with a wild magical surge that aged Abdel by a hundred years. Gorion could not reverse the spells affect and thus, Abdel became a young elven adult in a minute. From that day forth, Gorion cast spells of protection from wild magic on Abdel and himself.
    After aging a hundred years, Abdel received attention from two people who have been living in Candle Keep; the first is the Gate Warden. He believes Abdel should learn how to defend himself and the Gate Warden decided to teach Abdel the ins and outs of combat. Abdel would spend a half an hour to an hour each day with the Gate Warden learning combat tactics.
    The other person that Abdel received attention from was a young girl, Imoen. Imoen and Abdel became close friend and sometimes the monks around the keep would swear they were brother and sister by the way they acted. When Abdel was not in Gorion’s care or going toe to toe with the Gate Warden he would be off and about with Imoen. Many times Gorion caught them breaking and entering in restricted or locked up areas of Candle Keep. Once Gorion caught them in the tombs of Candle Keep, and he caught them opening his personal chest filled with magical trinkets and gold. After that day Gorion kept asking Abdel where one of his wands was, but Abdel had no idea what Gorion was talking about.
    Over the course of 20 years Abdel grew into a mature young adult elf. He learned to some what control his inner magic, learned simple spell casting, became a decent swordsman with long swords and is a fine shot with a bow. After being around Imoen for so long, he learned how to open locked doors and chest. Abdel feels really good in his abilities and would like to explore the Sword Coast. Little does Abdel know his dream is about to come true, but not the way he would have imagined.

I have already started to play BGT with Abdel. I completed the prologue and now am working my way into Chapter 2. I have picked up Imoen, Xzar, Mortran, Kahlid and Jaheria. Right now Abdel is the group leader and has the most levels. He is currently level 3/3/4, and this is from Abdel going out and exploring on his own and trying to improve in his crafts when the rest of the group is resting or healing from their latest journey.

I created this character a couple weekends ago and I have played up to the area south of the Friendly Arm Inn. I am not far in the game and my character is at level 3/3/4. I have a question to those of you who have played BGT or BGTutu with F/M/T; what is the max level you achieved by the end of BG1 with ToTSC?

As for the group I will play through BGT, please see the post the Misfits….

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.