1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG2 Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by hazefire, Aug 24, 2004.

1. hazefire Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hmm, almost forgot: I always...always..always side with the Shadow Thieves. I love thieves. Thats all there is to that one.

Who IS Captain Dennis?!
    I can never muster the patience for the dungeon...it was really only a good quest the first 8 million times I went through it. I tend to stop in the middle of the dungeon a lot and decide I want to be a different class/race, etc.

2. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I always rescue Imoen. Well it's not really a choice. I suppose I could always leave her in Spellhold, but I just... can't. I think I managed to do it once, but I had to reload later!

I always do the Umar Hills quest(s), and take the "good" path no matter what alignment/rep my charname has. Soft spot for the simple villagers? Maybe.

I always get my party into a drinking binge at the first opportunity after escaping Spellhold or defeating a major boss (Firkraag). It would be cool if the game could show toasted characters falling over every few steps (like in Jagged Alliance 2) and having drunken soundsets for the inebriated NPCs.

3. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I can never bring myself to dump Minsc. Not once in any of my games that I can remember have I dropped him. Once I started putting Jan in I've found I have to include him in every party also, I guess both of them are too hilarious not to take along.

4. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I think I do everything differently once the game begins (gotta keep it interseting right?), but for some reason, even though I always end up choosing the same chacter, I spend about 2-3 hours seeing if I like others, and its always a waste of time anyway. But if I had to choose somthing, it would be to take over the Nalias keep ASAFP.

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I dump Imoen the moment she has cleared the trap and picked the painting in the equipment room in Jon's Hovel - no reason for her to steal my precious XP. Then I free whoever is captured, kick out who I'm not going to keep then Dungeon-be-Gone my way out grabbing Yoshimo on the way (to be replaced by Imoen) unless I'm evil.

I always do the Circus quest first, then I kill Pebblecrusher and his group for being arrogant little bastards - and cos I like their stuff. I complete all the quests within the city unless I plan on using an NPC that must be aquired outside (i.e. Cernd, Mazzy etc.) often starting with the slavers.

6. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    When I get out of Irenicus' Dungeon I first do the circus tent quest, then I go to the slums to take on the slavers, then I do the fallen paladin quest and from there on quest order starts to vary.

I too am obsessed with completing every quest there is, so I'm always checking the walktrough for things I might've missed.

Also, I always take Anomen, Minsc, Jaheira and Jan along...

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Captain Dennis is part of the limited wish quest. You can find him in the southern tavern in the bridge district on the second floor. You can goad him into a fight without having limited wish. His party is somewhat tough though.

My compulsive behaviour tends to be that I very rarely goes to Spellhold without doing just about everything you can do in Chapter 2.

8. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] I always side with the Shadow Thieves because I couldn't picture ever siding with vampires!

My PC is usually either a Paladin or a Bard.

I start a multi-player game to create a PC, and another character with a thief class, (and then put the save file that was in MSAVE into the normal SAVE file and load the games through single-player to get rid of the pauses in MPLAYER), just so I have another option other than the NPC thieves.

I do all the quests before heading to Spellhold, except the Twisted Rune quest. I usually do that when I come back to Athkatla.

9. angryguy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Im guilty of creating mp thieves as well, i just cant cope with jan for long, nalia is a cruddy thief and i just cant trust yoshimo. Even tho he is cool.

Mind you, since installing the banter packs i've been itching to take jan...

10. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I have never once completed Irenicus' Dungeon. I really can't stand it for some reason, I just teleport the hell out.

11. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I always, always feel the urge to use magic in Athkatla just for the sake of hacking some cloaked mages to pieces. I enjoy doing this until they decide to leave me and my spellcraft alone for the rest of the game.

12. Nuguy A Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi There!

I didn't know where to put this, but as this topic is labled,`Pet Peeves', I thought I post my thoughts here. One of the pet peeves I have about BG2 is the fact that it is sometimes so hard to buy something at market that should be easy to get. I am talking about scroll cases, and jewel bags. Sometimes trying to find these items to buy is harder than trying to put the Crom Faeyr together. I mean these should be easy to find in the main marketplace. Sometimes you can't even find cases or bags in the slums! Can anyone tell me why this is!?

13. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

The first thing I always do, when getting out of the cage in Irenicus' Dungeon, is blast Minsc to pieces with various spells... I just hade that bleeden' moron...

14. Thehobbit Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

One thing I always do is rush out to the bridge district as soon as I can and try a brand new strategy on the lich (Assasin + Draw upon holy might = big backstab)

@Firestorm: I always do that too, but to Jaheira usually after I torment her with verbal abuse :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.