1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG2 Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by hazefire, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

I do the same, Dijeff. Even when playing evil my reputation rarely ends up going below 7. I gues I just don't have the evil in me :p

And Ruddiger, that's a pretty common bug, ask around and I'm sure someone will help you solve it. I'd help you myself, but I'm fortunate enough to have never had that happen to me.

2. angryguy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ruddiger-

You got XP, right? Get the latest patch. Install it BEFORE any mods or fixes. You got XP, right?

I think its bioware.com that you want.

3. Paine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

@Ruddiger: My friends have XP and experienced the same problem. They uninstalled everything and then installed in this order:

1. SoA
    2. ToB
    3. Official ToB patch
    4. Mods

They haven't had troubles since. Hope that helps you some.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hehe i kinda thought so too, my bad :rolleyes:

on topic:

i dont know why, but i ALWAYS keep imoen :/ hrm. everyone else i've played without.. i guess it's bec. she was with me from the start of BG1. Minsc just gets annoying at times and Jaheira just doesnt look as good as she used too ;) (That last bit about jaheira was a joke :p i just dont believe in the effectiveness of druids in the BG games)

5. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I only ever play if I can play for at least a solid hour straight - anything less and It doesn't feel right. I always put off the Umar hills quest (damn bone golems) until just before leaving for spell hold. I never take Imoen after spellhold.

6. cultjake Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I always pick up Yoshi right before going to Spellhold. And then dual class him to Fighter right before the betrayal.

That way his Thac0 sucks, and I can take his heart back to the temple of Ilmater for 200,000xp.

7. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Welcome Hazelfire, you have come to a truly unique site. ;)

I always take Aerie 'cause she's so damn cute and always tell Anomen to go to hell because even if I would be playing as a paladin i'd never let that goober adventure with my bunch.
    I also do the de 'Arnise quest first also..I think a game like this brings out the obsessive-compulsive in all of us, everybody has there habits when playing or replaying.

8. Sevarus Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I always, ALWAYS take Immy with me. There is no way I could not. (which probably explains why I can't play solo).

And I'm a terrible packrat. All those stupid items that aren't worth anything (random scrolls on Shadow Thieves, for example) I keep, storing them in the Copper Coronet.

Welcome to the forums by the way, hazefire. I'm part of the minority too.

9. hazefire Gems: 2/31

RPG games do turn you into a maniac-that's why I figured you'd all have these little habits. So predictable...

I don't see how you can't take Immy, she's really not that bad, and she's supposed to be your best friend in the game. Its almost out of character(even if you're evil) to NOT take her.

Minsc gets annoying....but I usually take him because Boo is the greatest thing ever.

10. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

I'm obsessive about experience. Really.

If I miss an exp reward due to some mistake I made or that I didn't know of before reading a walkthrough, it's usually time for reload or even restart.

So.. eventhough I don't like being spoiled by a decent walkthrough, I'd hate starting the whole game over if I happened to miss some 20,000 exp along the way. So, I check the walkthough for the current area before moving to the next and see if I missed something vital.

11. Shandris Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I always have to use a teleport cheat to get out of the dungeon

[ September 03, 2004, 00:31: Message edited by: Shandris ]

12. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

- My first quest is always the circus tent.
    - I always tell Tiana where Rumar really is.
    - I'm always oh so polite when dealing with Delon (or whoever that boy was who asks me to help Umar Hills village)

These are things that come to my mind. I know there are lots more of them.

13. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I also get everything done in Athkathla before going into Spellhold.Every quest completed,every item equipped and so on, because I never take Imoen along-in the spanish version of the game her voice is truly disgusting-This has the downside that I have such a high level that Spellhold, the Sajuaghins and Underdark are just a bit of a challenge,which means I literally overrun Ust Natha, Beholder City, Mindflayer City and so on. I also hit repeatedly Irenicus barehanded with Minsc or Korgan when his protections wear off just to render him inconscious-I have made it twice so far-and I never, ever finish the game until all quests I know are completed.

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Seems I'm an obsessive compulsive freak as well. I always play cavaliers and can't make myself leave a quest unfinished if there are people suffering. At the same time, charname's very own sister is in for suffering in unknown circumstances at the hands of a degenerate.

I always do De'Arnise Hold and the first time I played, I did practically all areas before going to free Imoen. Next time less of them, and another one time even less. Still wouldn't skip De'Arnise Hold unless I somehow made it without meeting Nalia. Again, couldn't let the slaves rot in the Slums, which means meeting Nalia is practically unavoidable.

15. Col. Bruce Hampton Retired Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

As a fun suggestion, how about everyone here who always does it a certain way -- does it differently next replay, just to see what it's like. :)

16. hazefire Gems: 2/31

Good idea Col. Bruce, except my whole world would come crashing down around me.

Seriously though, I have pretty hardcore obssessive compulsive habits, and I don't plan on changing them.

17. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I play solo...always. Its a manic obsession. And I HAVE to have some sort of magic at my PC's disposal, else I'd go nutters.

And yes, I have to kill Firkraag as quickly as possible as well. I once killed him with my solo Assassin at lvl 15 IIRC, because I was too impatient to level up more. :D

18. Maettt Flaqq Gems: 2/31

That's nothin, Faraaz! I had a solo sorceror take down the shadow dragon etc., and Shangalar's bunch at level 11!
    Well met, hazelfire. Welcome. If any of the guys are bothering you, let me know and I shall stab them all to death in the face with a soccer ball!

One of my pet peeves... hmm... I almost never use Jaheira because she's such a B, for NO reason at all, and she's.... loose...

And I ALWAYS take Keldorn, because he's such a cool d00d. He's just so friggin awesome.

And hey, I like Anomen!

19. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I always do the same things, usually starting off with murdering Captain Dennis in cold blood to get all the full-plate you could possibly need. Plus the boomerang dagger is a neat weapon for a mage.

I also out of sheer bloody-mindedness finish Irenicus' dungeon completely and thoroughly as I feel it sets me up for the rest of the game in the right frame of mind. I know this goes against popular theory that it's not even cheesy to skip this annoying quest, but I just wouldn't feel right doing it differently.

Lastly, I always refuse the Thief stronghold and take the Short Sword of Backstabbing, it's the next best thing till cutthroat, then I duel wield with Celestial fury.

20. angryguy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Who is captain dennis, where is he?

As for starting rampages, i have to destroy the shadow dragon sharpish. Beating him with a solo level 7 archer was fun...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.