1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bg2 graphics

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by jesper898, May 11, 2002.

1. jesper898 Guest

Is it possible to use some of the files from bg2 to make the chars look like bg2 chars?:)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Like what? They largely use the same animation as in BG1...

3. jesper898 Guest

i mean that would it be possible to use the character graphic from bg2 to make the bg1 player chars look like in bg2?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Probably, but as I said, the animations are the same, so what would you change?

5. jesper898 Guest

The animations are not the same, the b2 chars seem much more *alive* while the bg chars look kinda stiff

6. Taluntain

Media:
    Must be your imagination. Basic animations are the same, only there might be more of them in BG2.

7. jesper898 Guest

Cant you se that the chars look different in bg2?:)

8. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have to agree with this. I think there's some sort of package you can buy that has all the series and when you play BG1 it updates the graphics a bit, including the character models. Of course, to do this you have to buy a bunch of games you already have. :(

9. Taluntain

Media:
    I don't know where you heard that, but there is no such thing. There is no "series" package, only BG1+TOSC or BG2+ToB (only available outside USA).

10. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The animations are pretty much the same, except the BG2 ones sometimes stretch their arms.

11. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

IMHO they both look the same, it may be the magical armour and stuff the glows that adds that 'certain quality' to the BG" chars

12. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, I did hear such a thing, but I guess whoever said it didn't know what they were talking about. :(

13. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I think the chars all look the same...however, on my computer the BGII characters are a lot bigger onscreen than the BGI chars...:confused:

14. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Thiefs look difrent! Loook at Imoen in BG 1 therte is a difrence with her in BGII! And indeed they are a bit bigger.

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Faerus... that is because you play BG2 at 800x600 and BG1 at 640x480.

The thiefs you play don't look different in BG2... however the thiefs that are in the game and you can't play (for example the ones in the Shadow Thief's Guild) do look different..

I always hoped that Bioware would release a Monk-kit for BG1 :)

16. Ubull Ravenhorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I managed to change the animations, but after 10 seconds, the game crashed :(
    it is possible, but won't work
    I think In BG2 chars are much more lifelike, for example they stratch their bax, etc.

17. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] On the subject of graphics and animation, is there a way of combining IWD animations with BG1. The spells and animations are just that little bit sweeter on IWD than BG1. Might just be my imagination though.

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

No, that is not possible.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.