1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG: ToTSC Original Saga moves too fast

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by GabrielNYC, Jan 6, 2006.

1. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] The topic pretty much sums it up. I think it's because I'm using a pretty good PC with Windows XP.

Is there anyway to make the game run at it's normal speed? Makes me wonder of BG2 and IWD 1-2 will run at an accelerated speed now...

2. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

In the configuration (not ingame, the other configuration) you should have a slider AI refresh (or somesuch). Slide it to a lower value and test. It should have influence on the speed. At least, it's the one you need to slide up if you find the game too sluggish ;)

3. Killjoy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You might also want to back up your baldur.ini file, then open it up and try adjusting your frame rate. The default is 30, lowering it might help slow the game.

I wish I had your problem. I currently run the game at frame rate=60, myself.

4. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] it WAS the configuration. What the hell? I hadnt played the game in a LOOONG time, I install it and this happens. Any thoughts as to what could've caused it?

5. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The first time the game is ran it does a checkup of your computer and initialises the config. It might have screwed up there.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.