1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Roleplay Character?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by The Kilted Crusader, Oct 9, 2003.

1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

[​IMG] I know this may be quite a common topic but...

I'm hoping to roleplay through SoA and ToB (Inspired by Gopher's bardic adventures!), but I really don't know what sort of character to use.

I tried starting off with an Archer, but my style isn't really suited to the ranged combat. Added to that I can't stand those cissy mages and sorcerers who can't take a hit without being crushed, so I thought I'd try something a bit more toe to toe.

I was going to use a beserker, as, to me, this seemed like a perfect sort of background for a child of the god of murder. A skilled warrior, cursed with bursts of uncontrollable killings, but I've played fighter types for so long, that I want a change. Bit of a pickle!

Maybe a multi-class would work well for me, or perhaps a bard. Thing is I like to be extremely well trained in a certain art, so the "Jack of All Trades" isn't really my style (man I'm fussy).

Has anyone out there had a good success with any character, I'm still open to all ideas (I'll even try using a mage if someone is really enthusiastic about them).

If anyone knows the perfect class for me to use after reading the notes above, please tell me.

Lastly, if anyone has a link to a good downloadable class after looking at the above notes, please tell me as well.

Ok, I'm going to search around for a downloadable class. Thanks folks!

2. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Morningstar, I'm glad they were of some use (until all the BG1TuTu problems I had).

It all depends on what character you are familiar with playing, or if you want a new change. I, for example, play Rogues all the time, so that's either Bard or Thief for me. But perhaps the most important thing is to make a character you can relate to.

If there is no way you can see yourself in your character's shoes, don't play that character. To understand your characters' motives and goals, you have to be able to view them from his/her angle.

Are you going Solo? If so F/M/T would be quite good (You could say he learnt lots of different things from all the tutors at candlekeep). Or a Cleric/Mage. It depends on you really. I'd recommend a Swashbuckler, a very fun class to play (IMO a better roleplay character than the Fighter/Thief), or you could play an un-poetic Blade (as a Fighter/Mage, rather than Bard - Like I did in my adventure).

If you want a challenge, you could play a Wizard Slayer (Maybe he developed a lot of hate for those stupid magic teachers he had) or whatever. I look forward to this, since there doesn't seem to be many roleplayers on here.

:)

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hehe, I somehow manage to roleplay through BG quite well with any class.

But I suppose you want a physical character. Have you tried Paladin? After finding he is a child of bhall, a god of chaos and evil, the bhallspawn wishes to turn against his father, making up for the evil he may have unwittingly caused.

4. The Kilted Crusader

[​IMG] Thanks for your speedy reply! And I really enjoyed your adventures, its a shame it had to end that way. Maybe I'll try and follow in your footsteps with my own journal :)

I'd most probably be going solo, as some of those NPCs just can't handle themselves (That, and I'm useless at the game!). Thanks for your advice! I'll test out the wizard slayer idea for now (or at least some sort of Paladin), it sounds like fun! All I need is a background :confused: .

5. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Morningstar, thanks! I think I may reload TuTu and run through it again with the same character, that adventure was a great laugh.

Hope you enjoy yours!

6. The Kilted Crusader

[​IMG] Thanks Gopher!

7. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

If you want to roleplay, maybe you should think of a background story for a character first and then pick the class that fits it the most.

8. Tanari Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] hey i find a chaotic good ranger is the most suited for me some one how gos to great lengths to comit good around faerun me to a tea.

or you could always try a cavalir demon/dragon hunters or undead hunters are great.

but if all eles fails try a sorcerer blood of a dragon how cool.

9. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

"I'd most probably be going solo, as some of those NPCs just can't handle themselves (That, and I'm useless at the game!)."

I remember someone posting something similar on the Bioware boards -- my apologies in advance if you're making the same mistake he did.

You see, he didn't realize that he could actually pause the game and give orders, etc. to his NPCs. He actually just let them run according to their scripts, without any direction from him at all....

"Hello, yes, technical support? It seems I've broken the cup holder on my computer. Also, the foot pedal doesn't seem to work very well, I can't fit any of my CDs into the A drive, and my modem doesn't seem to work even though my computer is plugged in...."

Guess someone was playing too much NWN.... ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.