1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Guitarist

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Darhken Rahl, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Darhken Rahl Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@magic turtle
    I know who kyle gass is ; ) tenacious d owns.

2. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@erebus and splunge
    Jordan Rudess, Derek Sherinian and Kevin Moore of course :D

Then again, I really like the keyboard playing on Ynwgie's early stuff, don't know the guy's name though

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Well at least I got Rudess :)

Forgot about Kevin Moore, although I prefer Rudess' playing. He is awesome on Train of Thought as is Petrucci.

4. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Santana

5. Thais Paradox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Look, I dont mean to shout anybody down or anything, but have ye none of you any respect?
    Disbelieving I am while I scan these lists and see the great Tommy Emanuel mentioned not once.
    Shame on you all. :p

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Well seeing as someone noted earlier that this topic should really be your favourite guitarist then my favourite (as measured by their impact on ME) is Paul McCartney, closely followed by George Harrison. The rest of you can keep the mostly obscure (to me, but I'm sure very talented) guitarists mentioned above.

7. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    A few others I have not seen here (unless I missed them), but are worth mentioning:

Steve Morse
    Eric Johnson
    John Scofield
    Mike Stern
    Alan Holdsworth

8. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

eddie van halen
    jimi hendrix
    stevie ray vaughn

those are the kings of guitar :D

9. Rekesalat Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

How the hell could these names not have been mentioned...!?

- Slash
    - Eric Clapton
    - Dave Murray
    - Adrian Smith

Slash ranks above all in my opinion...however Clapton has won most best guitar player" rankings I've seen...

10. Kiranos Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

John5 from Marilyn Manson, you can download a cover of 'Sweet Georgia Brown' on this link.
    EDIT: this is strictly John5 and has nothing to do with Marilyn Manson.

11. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Slash and Clapton are good guitarists indeed but they are not really in the same league as Vai Satch Gilbert etc

12. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Adrian smith/Dave murray are my favoprite guitarists, they just dont rank with the likes of slash, jimmy hendrix, and steve vai

13. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

[​IMG] Well a little a bit from the old class:
    Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin) is one of the best guitar players
    Eric Clapton (Cream),
    Jimmy Hendrix (------//------ experience) - no comment,
    Phil Manzanera's guitar made what is Roxy Music as we all know it and like it(Roxy Music),
    Pete Townshend is genius (the Who),
    Robbie Krieger is very talented and his contribution to Doors is immense.
    Dave Davies - Kinks. He and his brother Ray made Kinks one of the greatest and most influential bands in the rock 'n roll era...

The new line:
    Graham Coxon formerly from Blur - one of the greatest modern guitar players nowadays. Also one fabulous songwriter pursuing his own career without Blur.
    Noel Gallagher - no comment I think. As great songwritet as guitar player he is..
    Jonny Greenwood - Radiohead - "but I'm a Creep, I'm a weirdo" He's fantastic musician. His contribution to the band so far isn't big enough but shimmer with genius - the final songs for both Ok Computer and Hail to the Thief were written by him.
    Ed O'Brien is also deep and fantastic musician as his fellow mate Greenwood.
    Thom Yorke - sam as Noel Gallagher - as great musician as great songwriter.

14. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31

my 3 favourites:

1)Tommy Emmanuel (great guitarist and great entertainer, you have to see him live before you die, my advice)
    2) Eddie Van Halen (just hands down an awesome guitarist and he is soo cool and casual)
    3) THE LEGEND!!! Jimmy Hendrix (but sadly dead) :(

15. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Don't you scandic people like Mattias Eklundh? He is easily the best guitarist to come from Scandinavia. You should check out his album Freak Guitar. It makes a welcome change from Vai/Satch.

16. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Falstaff and his Air Guitar :p

17. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

/me plays a blistering air guitar solo, based on the musical stylings of Hendrix, Carlos Santana, Joe Satriani, Dave Mustaine, Kirk Hammett, Kerry King, Randy Rhodes, and Tony Iommi.

18. metal leper Gems: 5/31

me! I like Mattias (I'm spelling his name the way you did, though I'm not convinced its right..) Freak Guitar is brilliant

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Brian May

20. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Yeah his name is correct. Also he is almost finished his second Freak Guitar album which I am Sooo looking forward to. You know what, I am going to see the G3 Vai/Satch in June here in the UK but Robert Fripp :cry: is with them this time and ohh I so very much do wish it was someone like IA or Gilbert ohhhwww. :cry:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.