1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best fight scene ever

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I'm hardly going to click on a link without any knowledge about it or what it's too.

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Relax, Takara - it's a fight scene from a cheesy 80's Cynthia Rothrock martial-arts movie. The villain has a knife, a labcoat and a mullet (that alone says it all, does it not?). Two sweaty men fight to the death wearing black Dockers and overacting with every blow. Then a woman shows up and turns the tide of battle with a towel.

Click away and enjoy - it's pretty damn funny. It's one of those "so bad, it's awesome" cinematic moments. :)

4. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I'm sorry, but it doesn't even get close to that street fight in 'They Live' between Roddy Piper and his friend. :p

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

:lol: Hahaha, I enjoyed this one... when people fight, do they go: "HA!! YA!!!" Each attack?

:grin: :lol:

Hahaha

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My favorite part (aside from the one-liners at the end) is when the woman with a broken arm escapes an attack by doing a back hand spring. :lol:

What Colthrun was referring to...with TUNES!

EDIT: Fair warning, the F-bomb is dropped in this clip. There is also gratuitous use of the term "formaldahide face." Viewer discretion yada yada.

[ April 10, 2006, 00:08: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't need to. Saw both movies so :p .

Actually, I think it's Prof. Jones shooting the guy with the whip. :thumb:

8. Death Rabbit

Media:
    @ kuemper

...uh,...what are you talking about? :confused:

9. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Raiders of the Lost Ark. Y'know, the scene in which Indie shoots the badass dude holding a...wait, no, he had a sword, not a whip. Nevermind.

10. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'd go for Peter Jackson's King-Kong against those T-Rexes.

11. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

The sword fight in The Princess Bride beats them all hands down.

12. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Thanks Death Rabbit. For me, fav fight scene was just brill. In Commando the fight is LONG and great.

13. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Martial Sword fight Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or House of Flying Daggers at the end of the movie.

Fencing I'd agree with Carcaroth the fight at the top of the cliffs between the Dread pirate Roberts and Inigo brilliant

Hack and Slash Sword fight Highlander the last fight

Knives Under Siege and the Hunted

One against Many - Jason Statham in the Transporter The bus station scene.

14. Death Rabbit

Media:
    I think the purpose of this thread is supposed to be more along the lines of unintentionally funny - rather than impressive - fight scenes, not just ones you think are "cool." His referenced scene is so god-aweful that it's classic. I'm sure Undertaker would agree that the anything from Crouching Tiger blows his out of the water for technical skill, scinematography, etc. - but isn't quite as entertaining. Maybe Undertaker can clarify for sure.

Much like a shuriken tossed by a far-sighted epileptic, methinks the point goes a whizzing by many of your heads. :heh:

15. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Wasn't clear it was that DR and does it matter? But if you want cheesy fights then my collection of 'classic' 70's kung-fu movies will beat just about anything.

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Best sword on sword fight: Hot Shots: Part dux (ok, some there's a cordless phone in there...but it's still good! :p )

Best gun fight: Heat. :thumb:

Best fist fight: Bruce Lee movies.

Best army vs army fight: Too many to choose from...though, the LotR (battle of Helm's Deep) and Breavheart (any battle) are my favorites. :thumb:

Best Cat Fight: James Bond: Die Another Day (the sword fight on the plane. One hottie vs another hottie :love: ) :rolling:

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What? Shooting a guy with a sword isn't cheese? (Sorry for my faux pas).

BTW, this only began with a link, no mention of what we should do with it. If you want a thread to go in a specific direction, you should actually take time to provide more info than a link. :rolleyes:

18. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Any of the stuff in "Kung Fu Hustle" qualifies as so bad that it's good. Ditto the fight between Ash and...well, pretty much everything...in Army of Darkness.

19. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Ong-Bak fights, for me, the best fights ever (because I didn't watched YET the other movies made by Tony Jaa), no stunt doubles, no computer images, no strings attached...

20. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Coming back to the intended topic of this thread: The "best" battle with armies involved is the one in "Army of Darkness". Hands down. :D

Second comes is the one at the beginning of "Gladiator". How did Maximus become a tribun? It definatly wasn't because of his ingenious battle tactics.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.