1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best attribute in the real world?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Steppenwolf, Apr 15, 2001.

1. Steppenwolf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Just a thought...

Of the sixth character abilities (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma), I would have to rank Intelligence first, followed by Charisma, as the trait most likely to grant you a seven digit salary.

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I vote Wisdom.

3. Steppenwolf Gems: 3/31

Wisdom? I suppose, if you desire treasures in heaven instead of on earth.

4. DarkAngel22 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Come on guys. Charisma is DEFINATELY #1. Those of us likable enough can get ANYTHING. We don't even have to sleep with anyone (Though trust me, they try...)

5. Steppenwolf Gems: 3/31

But it seems the kind of Charisma you are talking about concerns physical appearance. It doesn't last, nor will it get you even a junior position at Oracle or Microsoft. For that, you need a certificate or degree - something which requires Intelligence.

To be a professional athlete (basketball, hockey, baseball), however, an 18 in Dexterity should get you into the Hall of Fame.

[This message has been edited by Steppenwolf (edited April 16, 2001).]

6. Big Bad Bert Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

18 in anything is extremely good. Remembering that skills go to 25 I think a skill of 18 will only make a really good club player but not a superstar :)

Common Sense is the one most liable to save your life in a given situation, my vote therefore goes the way of the wise...Wisdom.

7. Steppenwolf Gems: 3/31

A human being with an 18 in any attribute is extrememly rare. 18 is the maximum score a human being can aspire to, meaning that even Albert Einstein was limited to 18 Intelligence, and Michael Jordan 18 in Dexterity. To achieve a score higher than 18 requires magic or divine assistance.
    Frankly, I think we've grown too accustomed to playing characters with 18 in 3 or 4 attributes, not realizing that such a thing is simply unheard of among pure D&D enthusiasts.

8. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

1.Wisdom
    2.Intelligence
    3.Charisma
    4.tie between str. and dex. but if i had to pick, most likely dex

9. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Intelligence, followed by Dexterity and Constitution. Strength is also very impportant. I can do without the other attributes.

10. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

On the topics like that one can clearly see the maturity of this forum.

Wisdom is my choice.

11. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

It sounds shallow, but Charisma really does have a ton of real world influence. You can have a high Wisdom or Intelligence, but if you cannot persuade anyone, then it goes to waste.

My ranking would be:
    1. Wisdom
    2. Charisma
    3. Intelligence
    4. Dex/Str/Con (pretty much depends on your genetics which one is better)

Now, if you look at most of my PC's, you'll see that I don't practice what I preach!!! Does that make my a hypocrit or a powergamer?

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Mat, you took all of my words. Damn!

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Sorry! Maybe it was just my high charisma working. My post was so persuasive that it made you think, "Hey, that's what I would have said!" j/k :)

Seriously though, I'm doing this at work and between my last two posts, my charisma just made me somewhere over $5,000.

Trust me, it didn't take more than a 12 Intelligence, it's a 17+ charisma that makes the money.

On a non-mercenary side, I often have the opportunity to speak to large groups about spiritual topics. Some wisdom is required (reading, preparing, knowing your audience). But Charisma is what drives the "inspired" words home in the hearts of the hear-ers.

I think that is why Paladin's need a 17 here. With out it, their words and actions would be reduced to pious mumbo-jumbo!

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You can be the smartest guy in class and get hit by a car because you were studying for a math test instead of looking left and right while crossing the street (don't say it's a stupid thing to do therefore it can't represent intelligence ;p)so I'd choose common sense, that's just another word for wisdom I suppose. Of course I've also got An abundance of charm...and come to think of it, dexterity too...and... :)

15. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

i'd have to say intelligence, and wisdom equally in first then charisma in second with dexterity in third, fifth place goes to strenth and wait how come nobody mentioned constitution? thats important too. i mean u don't want to be and anthelete that dies everytime he brakes his leg!

16. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'll need all the strength, dexterity and constitution I can get to live my life of violence. And intelligence for plotting the demise of my enemies.
    I guess I'll not be part of mainstream society so I won't be needing charisma at all.
    So, goody goody for all you high charisma people.

17. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Remember we are talking about the real world here. Who needs constitution in the real world? If you're sick take a pill, if you break a bone go to the doctor.
    Although strength is nice to have, it's not important in the real world.
    Now intelligence and wisdom are definate requirements. If you want a good job you have to be smart, and I don't mean seventeen Doctoral degrees or speak ten languages sort of smart, I mean real world business smarts. If you're intelligent you can solve problems, if you are wise, then you will best know how to apply your intelligence.
    Heh, if your smart and wise you could probably feign charisma, and as for dexterity, that's what the maid and butler are for.

Order of importance IRW:
    int.
    wis.
    char.
    dex.
    str.
    cons.

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Well as i'm a bass guitarist and am in a band, this is how i would attribute the importance of the attributes and myself and my friends! ;)

Importance:
    Dexterity - we need to be able to play well
    Charisma - we need to be charismatic to the girls...
    Strength - To hold and use our instruments for long periods
    Wisdom - We do need to make our own decisions
    Constitution - we need to be healthy to make all those crammed up tour dates
    Intelligence - How many brainy guitarists etc. do you know? Apart from the manic street preachers?

And here are my assigned scores...unbiased as possible ;)

Taf
    Position: Bass guitarist/backing vocals
    Dexterity - 16 (I learn quickly but i'm still raw)
    Charisma - 18 (I'm generally very well liked...in school and with the girls!)
    Strength - 12 (I'm not perfect!)
    Wisdom - 18 (I tend to think before acting)
    Constitution - 14 (I'm okay i guess...)
    Intelligence - 17 (I'm brain box in the band)

Elliott
    Position: Guitarist/lead vocals
    Dexterity - 22 (he is good with his hands :))
    Charisma - 17 alot of people like him but alas he has more enemies then me...darn!)
    Strength - 9 (he is one weak sod but the guitar is a light piece of equipment)
    Wisdom - 14 (He is quite mature in thinking but he does tend to shy out of peforming acts that would benifit the band)
    Constitution - 14 (He's okay i guess...)
    Intelligence - 12 (He has potential)

Dale
    Position - Drummer/failed womenizer :p
    Dexterity - 13 (He doesn't practice)
    Charisma - 16 (He was a womans fanatsy but his temper and immaturity let him down)
    Strength - 13 (A drummer does need strength)
    Wisdom - 9 (He is young and naive)
    Constitution - 15 (He is a fit person)
    Intelligence - 15 (He is relitavly brainy)

And there we are...i have been as honest as i possibly feel about the band...

19. herf Guest

i would rate strength and dex as my top choices, i need strength for my right arm but speed for my left, the same as all boxers!

my strength is well above average for my size and age.
    i get straight a's in school.
    im not charismatic at all or in any sense of the word.

20. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Gotta go with Charaaazma! It's the key to meeting people, making connections, and general, all around networking. The Wisdom to know when to kiss ass and when to kick it also helps... :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.