1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best 2 NPCs for MY PARTY

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' started by Sorvo, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I decided on running a Barbarian, Monk, Jester and Immy through this uncharted version of my quest (My other will be a Paladin rolling with the expected party). I'm probably gonna waste most of the NPC's as cannon fodder but I wanna eventually keep 2.

2. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    unless you plan on dualing Imoen to mage, you're lacking some arcane and divine casting, so one of each would be my pick for the 2 to keep around.
    Edwin and Viconia if you don't mind taking along evil characters/want the most powerful variants - Baeloth is also an option if you want a sorcerer instead, though you can only get him once you are level 6+.

If you want good aligned characters to round out your party then Branwen is probably your best bet as far as clerics go, and the new enhanced edition companion Neera is not bad at all either, though she is a wild mage, so expect some wild surge hijinks.

3. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm going total neutral/evil for this party, so good isn't an option.

4. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Then i stay by my picks of Viconia and Edwin. Both of them are absolutely amazing.
    I prefer keeping viccy in the back with a sling, but with her high dex and magic resistance she can stand in the frontlines as well if you so choose, though you do want to be careful since her con score is not the best.
    Edwin might lose out on divination spells, but in return for it, he gets 2 extra spell slots per level. (one from the mage specialization, and another one from his amulet.)
    Also, in bg2, besides the newly introduced enhanced edition companion Neera, he is the only single-class mage to be had.

Someone to take along for at least a while might be Dorn - anonther companion intruduced with the enhanced edition -he's an evil blackguard and a pretty decent frontliner as well, though since you already plan on having a paladin of your own, his usefulness might leave something to be desired.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.