1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Benefits and drawbacks of being an Anarchist?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Kesai, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Kesai Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have a question. Has anyone joined the Anarchist faction?

When I joined I noticed the Harmonium would swarm me and attack almost none stop the whole time I was in the Clerk's Ward making it very challenging to get around one of my favorite wards. I was not able to initiate conversation or if I could things got violent fast and therefore I lost quest experience. For example Jumble Murdersense was hostile before I even spoke to him so it was impossible to cure Reekwind. Does this faction interfere with a lot of quests/human relations? Are there a lot of alternate quests to be done with it?

What about the Chaosmen? I only managed once to join but it didn't seem like there was really any benefit and it's exceedingly hard to be chaotic in the game no matter how many chaotic options you choose. I think being good and chaotic is really tough! I think you almost have to be evil or neutral to be chaotic.

I have played a lot with the other factions so I was just wanting to play with the alternatives.

2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Jumble Murdersense becomes hostile when you kill Qui-Sai so you'll have to speak to him and "convince" him to cure Reekwind before proceeding with the Anarchist quests. Attacking Qui-Sai also attracts the unwelcome attention of the Harmonium but normally they should leave you alone after you have killed the first group of guards.

Benefits to being an Anarchist: Not much. You can speak to the three people in the warehouse in the Lower Ward to rest there or buy from their shop and you can join several factions as a spy for the Anarchists. And if you want to cause a bit of extra chaos, you can go back to the Gathering Dust bar in the Hive and convince Sere the Sceptic to become an Anarchist as well.

Benefits to joining the Chaosmen: None! :p

3. Kesai Gems: 1/31

Thanks lol I wish there were more benefits I think the Godsman is probably most beneficial one I have found and more factions I really want to be in The Transcendent Order but it doesn't exist in the video game. How does one create a chaotic character? I have tried speaking with zombies every opportunity I get, I make jokes all the time, I have kissed Ravel, given Coaxmetal the cube but never does it result in a chaotic alignment. In fact my alignment is always always Neutral Good irrespective of the choices I make

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Make jokes, lie, pry the cobblestone from The Post (iirc)

Making jokes and lying will only count once. You can talk to the same zombie over and over making innuendo but it will not count it that many times.

I've managed chaotic before easily enough but I'd have to play through it again to give any better tips right now.

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Don't forget to tell people your name is Adahn every chance you get.

Making vows counts as a lawful act but breaking them is that much more chaotic. For example, do promise Hargrimm not to tell anyone about the Silent King, then make sure to tell the Silent King's story to Yves the Tale-Chaser.

Playing with the Modron Cube and teasing Morte not only counts as a chaotic act each time, you can also get a good laugh out of Morte's reaction. :D

Avoid lawful acts like telling people the hard truth. Telling Nodd that his sister is a prostitute is lawful, telling him she is a ... servant of a kind ... is good but neither lawful or chaotic. Telling him she is a foul [censored] is chaotic evil so if you're aiming for a good character you shouldn't do this.

6. Kesai Gems: 1/31

Thanks I think I must need to lie more frequently maybe I am not dishonest enough cause I do everything else. I do tell people I'm Adahn, joke with Morte and everyone I have the chance too screw with I do, play with the modron cause dammit it's cute lol I always take the coblestone though I have no clue what it's for so I think lying has got to be the only thing I don't do thoroughly enough. I have actually never been lawful either though I hear that one is kind of the biased alignment it's just too opposed to my own I guess

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] How do you mean biased?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.