1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Belmin Gergas and reputation

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Hethan the Skald, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Hethan the Skald Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

I just introduced myself on Sorceresses Sundries, but if you didn't read, hello again! Also, it's my first topic, so, sorry if this was discussed on some other thread (I couldn't find it though).

*It's a minor SoA spoiler*

So I was playing SoA (with ToB installed) and I'm romancing Viconia. My reputation reached 18 and I haven't even gone to Brynnlaw. I am about to start the Unseeing Eye quest (which gives you another +1 on rep) and wanted to low my rep 1 or 2 points without having to kick Viconia out for completing the quest (I don't like the idea of her not getting all those quest XP points) and I also didn't want to kill a civilian (plus, 9 or 10 points is just too much for me! AND it's a good aligned party with no reason to slay some poor innocent).

I read on that huge walkthrough (I think the name of the guy who wrote it is Dan Simpson) that if you kill Belmin Gergas (the elf hater @ Waukeen's Promenade) you lose reputation AND the nearby guard(s) attack you. So I went for that. He attacked me, I killed him but didn't lose any reputation. Plus, he guard attacked me for that and if when I killed him, I lost 9 points.

Was the walkthrough wrong? Did ToB change anything on this particular matter? I don't have a lot of mods installed (a couple of cosmetic changes from Unfinished Business, Cal, Berserker Minsc kit and that's it).

If someone could shed light on that, I'd appreciate it. Cheers!

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The deal with the elf hater is to get him mad at you first, so he turns red. Then you can kill him with no rep loss and the guard doesn't care. Here's what I do, in case you're interested.

Have at least 6 invisibility potions and give those to each party member. Turn off the AI in the lower right corner of the screen. Have everyone except Viconia drink their invisibility potion. Have Viconia talk to the elf hater. He'll complain because she's an elf and the circle under him will change to red. Make Viccy run away and drink her invisibility potion. The guard nearby will kill the elf hater for you with no rep loss.

The other way I've done it is to have Viccy talk to the guy, annoy him until he changes red. She will run away and cast Sanctuary on herself. The party can attack him without loosing any reputation. Just make sure Viccy doesn't attack him.

If you want an alternative to getting your rep down to keep Viccy (or any evil NPC), get caught stealing from a merchant you won't go back to ever. After coming back from Brynnlaw/Spellhold, you'll have another way to lose rep. points.

3. Hethan the Skald Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

That's what I've done. I had Yoshimo try to steal something from the shopkeeper that was close to the fountain. The man screamed "THIEF!" and the party ran away. Didn't go back to see if the shopkeeper goes back to a blue circle, though. My rep dropped to 16, that's good enough. Later I can always turn into the Slayer.

Thanks for the help, kuemper!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.