1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Belial, the demon

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Fallen Paladin, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

I'm at castle Jhareg in Charwood and i don't know how to summon this demon, Belial.
    Can anyone help me?

2. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Just follow the instructions in that giant book. Or look here, where it was just discussed.

3. Zanzetsuken Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Put a Fire Beetle's Belly on the Ceremonial Brazier in the Summoning Room and strike the Brazier with a Burning Hands spell.
    There is a wand in the level somewhere that casts this spell for you.

4. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yes, even if you don't have the spell Burning Hands, there is a wand around his tower that casts Burning Hands. If you need to do this quest, it is probably a good idea to use the Protection Wand that permits talking if you chose to fend off evil.

5. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I did that mission already but the demon attacked me relentlessly so I killed it. Am I supposed to talk to it or anything else that beat it to a pulp?

I recall reading something about casting a protection from alignment (evil) spell to be able to talk to it. Was that what I was supposed to do? :confused:

6. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

You'll find a wand for that somewhere in the castle as well.

7. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31

What, for the Protection from Alignment spell? What will happen then if I cast the protection spell? ;)

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

That might work as well.

9. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31

Could you spoil me a bit about what will the demon say? I wasn't able to do this quest with my first character and it will still take a while for my 2nd char to reach that place... :rolleyes:

10. Fallen Paladin

I did use that wand on the brazier but nothing hapened, becuse i didn't put the belly in it i guess.
    Thanks for your help, i'm gonna go play now NWN now.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think the same wand that can cast Burning Hands also has Protection from Evil as an alternative. If you want to talk to the demon, you'll have to use Protection from Evil on yourself (and probably henchman if you have one) before you summon it. Otherwise it'll attack you on sight.

12. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

I thought there was two wands. One for burning hands and one for protection of evil. I could be wrong though.

13. Fallen Paladin

Abyssal Knight, you are right, there are two wands.

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Is there any way you can fight Belial?

As a LG Paladin, having summoned that Fell Creature, I wanted to prove his iniquity upon his body with my holy might. Unfortunately, the worst I could do was pronounce him guilty and let him go ....

... There should have been an option where you can move to a trial by combat ... :holy:

15. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

If you don't cast protection of evil on yourself I believe he attacks you.

16. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The fight was just too hard and gave too little experience (like everything else). 400xp, IIRC.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.