1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Been A while

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Relic, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

It's just been a while, curious as to how progress on fixing the server vault issue is coming. I'm just totally missing the Phlan days, it was a hoot wandering through the area.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'll second that sentiment :)

3. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Still down, hit a brick wall. Ahyone know how to tell if certain ports are closed and if so, open them?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yea, on a linux box, but you use Windows, right?

5. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm sure you've done this, but are you sure your firewall is set to have the IP and port allowed? A firewall is the only way I know of to close a port.
    You can try these IP-Tools or SiSoft's Sandra

6. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Yup, Xp pro for my sins. Firewall is not checked, ISP says he isnt blocking the ports and the modem vendor says it isn't him either. I'm stymied. Seems I'm the only one affected. :(

7. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Have you comfirmed that the problem lies in the computer? I believe you had a second computer? Does that work?

What is the mechanism behind the Alfa vault? A shared filesystem or what?

8. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Last I was aware, the ALFA folks converted the vault to a shared network drive using AFS.

My understanding (again last I heard from Erran) is that Erran was/is having problems getting his AFS client to come up properly, let alone connect to the shared network drive.

So, I don't believe it's a NWN problem, but an AFS problem.

[ February 05, 2003, 22:56: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

10. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31

Are you using OpenAFS 1.2.8? I know it says it's for WinNT/2000, but I've heard that it runs OK in XP. It's here. You might want to post your problem at alt.filesystems.afs and see if they can help.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.