1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Beating the silver dragon

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by al_chewdaffi, Apr 30, 2003.

1. al_chewdaffi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

minor spoilers people

Okay everyone I know this has been discussed in the past, but not to much of an extant, has anyone been able to beat the silver dragon and how did you do it? I've gotten her to badly injured but can't get it anymore.... give me some hope people!!!

[ April 30, 2003, 12:04: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Try searching the forum. There have been MANY dragon fighting posts in the past. What applies to one dragon usually applies to the next, so any dragon fighting techniques should be taken underwing.

3. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Perhaps that's telling you something. Only the most vile of creatures would even entertain slaying a creature of righteous good and light. That kind of behaviour must not continue. Feel the burning stare of my hamster while Lady Adalon blasts you with her cone of cold breath weapon.

I've heard others talk about similar situations when battling other dragons. I think there has to be a pause in the battle (a point where there is no attacks) for the script to kick in to acknowledge you've actually killed the beast. If you continually hit it, the script never registers it so they will remain at near death or badly injured and never die.

[ April 30, 2003, 14:19: Message edited by: Spelladonna ]

4. al_chewdaffi Gems: 1/31

the problem is that she keeps turning my 3 mages into ice, and like just crushes them like a fly, ; can i cast simalcrum on my fighters?

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I killed her very quickly and easily but the only time I fought her I was playing a vastly overpowered modded game using the anti-paladin and Valen a.k.a. the Queen of Boss Killing Cheese. Valen hit the dragon two or three times draining either 8 or 12 levels and then Korgan and my Anti-paladin sliced it into dragon suishi. :) Poor Edwin and Immy just sat there looking stupid. :)

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Get Vhailor's Helm. It has the power to cast Simulacrum once per day and fighters can use it. Of course, it's found with one of the bonus merchants back in Athkatla, which probably helps you not at all in the Underdark unless you were to ... cough ... CLUA or shadowcheat it in.

7. al_chewdaffi Gems: 1/31

ah I finally got her, but i'm quite dissapointed with the treasure she had, it was like 1000 gold peices, a scroll and blood, was hopin gI would get some silver dragon scales to make some sweet ass armor, ah oh well ; you'de think a dragon gaurding drow for so long would have some cooler treasure

8. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well, if you've got the right stuff you can use the blood to make some rather interesting armour.
    (SPOILER) you need the human skin from the Bridge District skinner murders. If you've done that quest, you should know to go to the Umar Hills, where you will find the person to make the armour.

9. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

It's not worth it. Adalon is the hardest foe in the game and all you get is...

AC: 3
    Saving Throws: +4
    20% Magic Res.

It's leather armor and only evil chars. can wear it. That is one battle that is definately not worth the headaches.

10. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

20% magic res and +4 to all saves? PLUS ac0 for LEATHER ARMOUR? Do you know how good that is? Think of a thief and then turn him into a mage hunting semi-tank. That's how good Human Flesh is.

11. Falcor Wolfbane Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

So the vials of blood ive collected are worth something after all?( kuo-tao and beholder blood)

12. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

It doesn't have AC 0, it has AC 4...

13. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

No... it has AC 3.

The blood of the Elder Orb and Kua-Toa Prince have no use other than in a quest. You have to collect one of those samples of either a Master Brain, Elder Orb or Kua-Toa Prince. It's the last quest you do for the Matron Mother (just before Phaere asks you to betray her).

The Shadow Dragon Armor has better AC than the Human Flesh and +4 Saving Throws is alright but doesn't give you anything crucial. 20% MR is nothing spectacular. If you have Wiemer's Item Mod, this is what you get...

Improved Human Flesh
    Made from human skin and treated with the blood of a noble dragon and combined with the soul of an innocent girl and powerful protective magic, this armor emits the stench of bitter death. The malevolent armor can only be used by a truly evil person. This is the pinnacle of dastardly protection.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class: 0
    Saving Throws: +4 bonus
    Magic Resistance: 20% bonus
    Equipped Abilities: +1 DEX bonus, +1 CON bonus, immunity to poison, protection from Good
    Weight: 5
    Requires: 3 Strength
    Not usable by:
    Mage
    Non-Evil Characters

It's the best armor in the game for a thief, if you have the mod.

14. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

Perhaps a lesson was learned here.

However since you have committed such a despicable act, you now have a way to exit the Underdark without having to face the Drow city.

15. PsiVen Gems: 1/31

Sorry to revive an ancient post, but I had a question pertaining to this and thought it might as well be here.
    Does anyone know much experience you get from killing Adalon and crafting the Human Flesh Armour? I went to all the trouble of going to the Umar Hills and solving that name riddle and didn't get jack experience for it! I want something! :p

Also, is it feasible to kill a dragon with a solo mage?

16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I'm not entirely sure on the exact XP you get for killing Adalon, but it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 60,000 XP, just like the other dragons.

No, you don't get any experience for crafting the armor, just like you don't get any experience points for gonig to Cromwell and having him craft stuff for you.

Yes, you can kill a dragon with a solo mage. Depending on your level, it could be surprisingly easy to kill a dragon with a solo mage.

17. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Nah, she is a pompous bastard with a swelled head just like every other dragon in the game. :shake: "Creature of good and light." My arse. :lol:

Still, never really got around fighting her. :D

18. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

You can loot a scroll from her corpse that opens the doorway leading out of the Underdark.

19. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

I think you actually get less XP for fighting her. 56000 IIRC.

Not worth it at all IMHO, since you get tons of quest XP for doing her quests.

20. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I think it's something like 78,000 XP EACH for doing Adalon's quest so killing her for 61,000 XP (or whatever the exact amount is) is never a good idea.

Having said that, someone in another thread said it's possible to do her quest, then hit her with a Time Stop and kill her before it wears off so you get both the XP for doing her quest *and* killing her. But if you don't use Time Stop, she'll teleport away the moment you turn hostile.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.