1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Beat HoF with solo monk

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by nunsbane, Apr 17, 2006.

1. nunsbane

nunsbane

It's finally done, HoF with a solo DG monk imported from a regular campaign. Any class could solo through a standard campaign but I believe that monk is the only non-magic wielding class capable of soloing through HoF. If anyone is soloing HoF with other than a monk or magic user; please keep us posted. As for me, my solo yen is quite sated and my solo campaigns are done...time to find another way to enjoy this awesome game.

2. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Congratulations!

How'd you get through the final battle, and the one before it against the avatar?

3. nunsbane

nunsbane

The final battle was tough. I hit the wizard near the southeast corner of the room with a quivering punch and then ran around assisting Ormis and his group doing as much damage as I could with my fists especially attacking when enemies were not paying attention to me. When the dust settled there were several summoned monster still around plus I&M. I used Mensel's vile grimoire to summon a demon to my aid. Eventually it was down to I&M and I finished off Isair with the stormshifter throwing axe which deals electrical damage to which Isair and Madae are vulnerable for a 5 point damage bonus. The whole time being careful not to let I&M close enough for a melee attack.

JT, when you say avatar are you speaking of Iyachtu Xvim? If so I beat his lackeys with quivering punches. I would run down the stairs and rest to regain the ability. And then defeated Xvim with the same method and weapon used on Isair.

4. Xindell Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Congrats! Nicely done.

5. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, that's what I meant.

What was the final total days in-game time?

6. nunsbane

nunsbane

uummmmm, about 12 years.....just for the record I know how cheesy that is. It could have been done in far less time if I had not been so lazy about healing and resting, maybe 3 to 5 years.

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Um...wow. You are one patient dude...

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Ah well, I was the one who wanted you to do this but to tell you the truth I never thought you would actually manage it...Really biggest congratulations, I salute you! :thumb:

9. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I can't imagine how much times you have had to reload.. :o

So tell us, besides the end batles, where there any more tough spots for your character, and what were your monk's stats ?

i'd also like to know your monks level at the start of the game and at what level he got to I&M :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.