1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Be All You Can Be In The U.S. Army

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Dark Haired Beauty, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I found this article interesting today. Seems that a woman can really be all she can be on the U.S. Taxpayers money.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5487712/

Note: All this is free but sadly a man at our church who lost his leg in Vietnam cant get a proper prostetic leg that he can use to find gainfull employment.

[ July 24, 2004, 17:09: Message edited by: Dark Haired Beauty ]

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You have to love the argument that the surgeons are doing this to practice their skills, I can imagine that there are huge numbers of cases where soldiers in the field would need the skills developed by countless hours of practice doing breast implants, liposuctions and nose jobs. I can only imagine that these procedures are much more challenging than say going down to the local hospital and helping out in the ER or helping burn victims. :rolleyes:

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well, we all pay for it anyway, I guess. A few dozen people getting plastic surgury a month really is a drop in the bucket, considering all we're paying for Iraq. It really doesn't bother me at all.

It's funny that they pulled out the old "Be All You Can Be" slogan, which I think dates back at least 10 years, maybe longer.

I'm sure they could have come up with a funny comment with the current slogan, "An Army of One".

4. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Maybe I'll join up!

Free breast implants!

On the other hand, I'd lose most of my days doing jumping jacks in front of a mirror. :D

5. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Makes you wonder, what do they do about a female soldier in the field when her implants rupture (quite likely, afterall they can take only so much strain)?

Oh sorry, stupid question. That's what the surgeons need the practice for, of course.

This "money and fame is all" type of thinking is really going too far nowadays. I wonder how the US army can claim they don't support certain war movies because they feel it isn't appropriate considering the importance of their reputation. From this I'd understand it's appropriate for them to start supporting adult entertainment, at least.

Don't get me wrong here, for the female's it's a perfect opportunity to get the little something extra they felt they needed. Just very questionable coming out of the army.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I suppose but for some reason the first thing that came to my mind was the Monty Python classic "It's a man's life in the modern army". I imagine that they would have had a field day with this story.

7. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

This ... this ...
    Tsssk Americans :toofar:
    They should be giving charity hospital care if they so badly need to 'practice their skills'.
    Rather then actively stimulating this looks-based culture that is hollowing out modern society from the inside.
    :nolike: :toofar: :flaming:
    :borg:

8. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I can't imagine any woman IN the army wanting bigger breasts -- they'd just get in the way in combat situations. I mean, didn't the Amazons remove their right breasts so they wouldn't get in their way while shooting a bow? i can see some women wanting reductions for similar reasons . . .

But it's not just that, it's all sorts of plastic surgery, and I can imagine a

<wait, before i go further, I acknowledge the incredible stereotype I'm buying into here, but I believe that some stereotypes have a basis in fact, but please don't be calling me a sexist pig . . . >

lonely wife of a soldier deplyed overseas, she wants to do something to make herself feel pretty, she gets her nose fixed and a facelift so she can surprise her man (the bastard had better have been faithful) when he returns home. That's one scenario I can think of, anyhow, and given the amount of money being spent on the war, like someone earlier said, it's just a drop in the bucket.

9. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

More liberalistic crap that essentially says "we are all responsible for the self-esteem of the least". Hopefully, this will be purged soon now that it's public. Next time the Liberals moan about how the military doesn't have the best body armor or Humvee plating...they need to remember "Oh yeah, we don't have those because we paid to make synthetic 6-packs on GI joe...and gave GI jane massive hooters".

Issues of self image and self esteem are a personal problem...and should not be a taxpayer burden.

10. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Maybe they're kevlar implants? :p

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I foresee a new reality TV show . . . Extreme Military Makeovers. Class.

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Bulletproof Breasts, the wave of the future. The number of female shooting deaths would probably drop.

13. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

@Abomination & jaguar: :lol:
    @Harbourboy - NOOO00ooo... anything but another reality TV show - please no.
    /me breaks down and sobs hysterically.
    :borg:

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Sigh, time to go a little :yot: and brush off my university courses on classical studies. There has never been any evidence found that suggests that the Amazons of Greek mythology were ever real.

In fact, the generally accepted theory is that to the ancient Greeks the Amazons represented chaos or a perversion of the natural order of things. The ancient Greeks felt that the natural womens' role was to be nice little tame housewives who stay at home and breed large numbers of babies and the Amazons represented the "evil" opposite of these values.

If you read the myths you will find that the normal role of the Amazon is to be the barbarian horde that attacks civilization and is killed by whatever Greek heroes happen to be nearby.

15. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, next time America invades a country, the front line will be filled with Wacko Jacko's..

16. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] @Morgoth You forgot... "and little sister Dot"
    Es hora deeee Aniiii-maniacs... :lol:

17. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

As said by Conan O'Brian, you can now "Go to Iraq to get a rack".

18. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Also on the Amazon having their brest removed would be bollocks from a scientific sense. Longbows weren't developed till about 300AD. Shortbows were the common ranged weapon and they were fired from the waist, not the shoulder.

If fired from the waist, the string is nowhere near your chest. Therefore the Amazonians having their breast removed must have been for a different reason or they simply didn't. Let's not forget that they are a mythical people so they probably didn't exist at all.

19. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

This is not exactly true. There aren't direct evidence that prove the existence of amazons but there are some clues that suggest that it is possible that they weren't a mythical folk. Few kilometers away from the mouth of the river Thermodon in northern Turkey, where Herodotus placed amazons's homeland, a fortress and a settlement were discovered and the findings from these sites indicate that women were the predominant gender there. Also, some burial sites were discovered in Kazakhstan and the evidence, which were found there, support the theory of the female warriors.

20. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Not far from the island of Lesbos perhaps? Is there a relation?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.