1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Battle square question

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Necrophex, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Necrophex Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I'm really confused about the battle square...
    I just read the walkthrough on SP and still I can't figure something out. (maybe it's very simple, but i'm sure it wasn't spoken of before on this forum)

I understand that there are 10 ranks, no problems there, but in the walkthrough I read that every rank has 5 levels...No my confusion starts.
    Can you get a reward for every level? So you can get 10*5 = 50 rewards??
    Or if you just complete 3 squares in a row, is that rank finished?
    If not, is the reward bigger if you complete it with 7 squares??
    I'm really confused!!
    Help would be really appreciated
    Thanks!

2. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You will get a minor reward for completing each level. So when you complete with 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 squares, you'll get something repectively. Nothing worth noting, just some scroll, XP, gp, ammo or gem.

Now, if you complete each level for a rank, you'll get a major reward. So, if you complete 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 squares under rank 6, you'll get a 'Club of Dusruption'.

3. Necrophex Gems: 5/31

aaaaah now I get it...
    just tried it, a little more work then I thought :)
    Can some people tell me with what character they have completed the squares?
    I was doing it with my Fighter4/ Barbarian 6 with a great sword and improved invisibility, went fine, just completed rank 4 completly.
    Something tells me I can't get to rank 10 with this char hehe. How much levels can I gain and still return here, is chapter 2 that big?
    Thanks! And I will complete the squares sometime :)

4. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hello Roekemoes,

I have a question, was it Dave Milward's walkthrough that you were referring to?

I am in fact Dave Milward, and if my walkthrough was confusing or lacking in clarity, I regret such. I try to be as clear as possible, so if I get input like this I do intend on fixing what I can whenever I can spend the time to produce another edition.

Cheers, Beren or Dave Milward.

[ December 24, 2002, 00:38: Message edited by: Beren ]

5. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Roekemoes, you can go to ch4 end. Until you take Oswald's airship to Kuldahar, you can come back to battle squares.
    I played the squares with my monk all the way. After you get "Club of Disruption", undeads, demons and elementals will become no problem and they are the main group of enemies you'll encounter in squares.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] He's probably talking of our own online walkthrough. Btw Beren, PM or mail me about getting a custom avatar/portrait... I didn't know you posted on our boards, otherwise I'd have given you one when I put your walkthrough up.

[ December 24, 2002, 11:38: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

7. Necrophex Gems: 5/31

Helle Dave, sorry about not mentioning which walkthrough. But is wasn't yours, it was just the first on the list (the one you can read on-line)
    It was all quite clear, I just didn't think there was that much to 'the famous battlesquares', I just wanted to be sure...but now I am :)
    Also I looked at your walkthrough too, quite good I must say, and the part of the battlesquares cleared up everything, so thanks!

Just one question, can anyone tell me what level they were (and what character) when the completed the squares?
    Thanks

8. Quint Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yep, I was around level 12.
    Took me 250 keystrokes to finish it. (well.. 500 if you count CTRL as a separate key) :D
    (bloody idiotic game)

[ December 24, 2002, 16:41: Message edited by: Quint ]

9. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Roekemoes,

I'm glad you found my walkthrough helpful.

Taluntain,

I do have a custom-portrait in mind. For the holidays, I'm somewhere else and away from my desktop. It will have to wait until January. I'll send it to sorcerer -AT- sorcerers.net unless you prefer a different e-mail address.

[You get a list to pick from.] -Tal

[ December 25, 2002, 00:48: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.