1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Battle Between Ignus/Vhailor And Namless One - SPOILER

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by herf, May 16, 2001.

1. herf Guest

ok, theres a topic at the min about the battle in the fortress of regrets between igneous or vhailor.

the truth is, this dosnt even have to happen.
    if your partys good, you fight ignus, if your partys bad, you fight vhailor, simple.

but if you kill both of them before you enter the fortress of regrets then you dont fight either of them.
    if your evil then kill vhailor before u go in because u cant use him afte that, and if your good then kill igneous before you go through the portal.

SIMPLE

2. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Ignus deservessssss to life, to tell storiessss of flamessss to everyone!

But Herf you don't have to think ahead if you're a roleplayer.... You don't play it like: hmmmm, he's going to do that, so I'm going to kill him before he does... It's like killing Bill Gates before he does DOS, because we're all jealous as hell :D (if we could....)

P.S. I never played torment to the end the first time I played, so with me *knowing* this, I'm going to screw up from neutral good towards evil ;) I just couldn't get it over my heart to kill my flaming friend... But I won't kill Vhailor before that conversation! I'd misssss out on the story if I should...

P.P.S. You should put -Mayor Spoiler- in the title ...

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

herf, that's not true. If I remember correctly Transcendent One brings them back to life. :(

4. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

This reminds me, I need to compile Ignus' teachings, especially the part about laying skeletons bare.

5. herf Guest

extremeist, it is true, belive me, ive checked it like hundred times, it works!

6. NamelessOne Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Although I've never got round to playing evil and as such having to fight Vhailor, surely it doesn't matter too much by this point in the game 'cos you can kick them in pretty easily with your nameless one powers. I'm not sure why the whole fight with Ignus got any build up at all, as he is so feeble there's never any threat. Wouldn't it have been cool if Transcendant One had brought him back as a super high powered pyromaniac than the half hearted fire starter that he is?

Anyhow I guess it's always worth fighting them in Fortress 'cos you get xp points that way.

[This message has been edited by NamelessOne (edited May 18, 2001).]

7. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I was wondering... What happens if you're True Natrual. Who do you fight then?

8. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I was a bit miffed at having to fight Ignus. I had deliberately left him inside the Modron's maze as it said anyone left there would be lost forever........

Seem like forever isn't as long as it's cracked up to be.

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Non-evil characters fight Ignus (that includes neutrals). Others fight Vhailor (that mean only those evil ones).

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Guys and herf!

I just experimented with killing Ignus before the final clash. And in my version of the game (+patch) Transcendent one brought Ignus back to life! And I still had to fight him.
    I tried to kill him when he was in party, then when he was outta party. Both times he was resurrected and sent against me.

I don't know how come herf's game doesn't act like this...

11. Deimos Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Like NamelessOne said- you shouldn't have any problems killing Vhailor or Ignus if you're over about level 14- if you don't have the muscle use items that protect you or damage the opponents*

*except for Vhailor who is totally resistant to magic... mumble, mumble, damn justice machine....

[There's really no reason to resurrect a 4 month old topic just to agree and reiterate what another poster said... - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited October 18, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.