1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bath or shower?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    When I have the time for it, bath definitely. Chance to relax in semi-steaming water, no rush. Saves water too apparently.

2. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Over here, whether it's a shower, in a tub, using a dipper to pour water, or a wet sponge, cold or hot, it's all taking a bath. Do tell what's the difference between your shower and bath.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You stand in the shower:

[​IMG]

You don't in a bath (most of the time):

[​IMG]

The bathtub in my house is unfortunately too short for me to be able to extend my legs and keep them immersed in water... and I hate the cold knees feeling in a bath. So it's only showers for me.

4. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, here's the thing. Lot's of bath tubs here have showers. So you can actually stand on a bath tub while taking a shower. I guess that is why I got a bit confused. But coming from Tal's pics, I go for hot shower most of the week and relax on a hot tub after a long hike or bike ride.

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Shower. A bath is nice occasionally, but showers are quicker and more refreshing.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Shower. I take a bath maybe once a year and that's when my muscles ache and I need a hot soak, not for cleaning purposes.

The idea of sitting in a tub of water that quickly becomes dirty just doesn't do it for me.

7. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm with dmc on this. It's all about showers. In fact, I took 3 of them yesterday. One when I woke up. One after washing my car in the afternoon, and one before going to bed (I was doing some physical activities and was rather sweaty).

Most days it's only 1 shower, not 3. It's probably been a couple years since I've taken a bath.

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well yes, but you still either take a bath or a shower, heh.

9. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Is jakuzzi considered a bath?

10. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Shower for me. I always used to get hurt in a bathtub when I was little.

[​IMG]

11. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    lol

Shower generally, especially at this time of year

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Holy crap! How did they get that picture? :lol: I wonder how bad the guy got hurt...

Shower for cleaning definitely; so much quicker that waiting for the tub to fill.

The only time I use the tub I have is when the GF and I want a little extra romance on a cold day. :)

13. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'm a little on the portly side, so baths in standard bathtubs don't really work so well for me, and even if I dropped 70 pounds or so, I'd still be unable to stretch out my legs. So, showers for LKD. When I go to the pool, though, I like nothing better than to sit in the hot tub. It's awesome. I can stay there for a long, long time.

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

+1 for me as well

15. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I typically shower twice a day. Once first thing in the morning, and then again after I work out in the evening. Sometimes I take a bath too, but that's only when it's bath time for Jack, and he doesn't want to get in. He runs right over if I'm willing to go in with him. Of course, then it's the opposite problem - he doesn't want to get OUT.

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmmm ... the lack of comments here is somewhat ominous. Not sure I want to be at a SP meeting....

Shower for me. I have a hot tub if I want to soak.

17. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Definitely showers for me. Baths are for chics only. I mean really? What is wrong with you guys... :D

18. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Now, now Blades ... I personally am not willing to fault anyone for wanting to get hot and wet ... or the method they choose to do so (within reason).

19. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] New house has a bathtub :bigeyes: So been enjoying being able to have a nice bath. Kev keeps falling asleep in there though...

I like baths generally but they're not the most practical. I'll have a shower at least twice a week as trying to wash long hair in a bathtub is just daft.

20. ev76 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Shower, especially if u can change up how the water flows. Plus they are especially good in the mornings, great wake up call.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.