1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

bard troubles. need for Caravan contract?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Simbill20, Jul 10, 2000.

1. Simbill20 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] its really annoying that my bard dosnt start with spells and i have to write them all in from scrolls. does any one else have this problem? Is there any way that my mage can write a speel onto a scroll so i can get my bard to memorize it?

Also, is there any need for the scribbled note or the caravan contract after you pick them up? Will anyone buy them?

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Your bard doesn't start with a 1st level spell? That's odd, you'd think they'd give you this option as they do with a mage.

No, a mage cannot scribe a scroll to another PC in IWD, although it can be done in pen and paper D&D.

The contract is useless after you've completed the quest.

3. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The Bard does not start with any spells. He cannot cast until 2nd level. Unlike a mage of is schooled in magic (and start with a first level spell) a Bard is concidered to just pick up magic in his travels. Thus he does not start with any spells. I also wish that you could 'copy' spells in IWD. It would save me a lot of money buying multiple copies of the same spell.

4. VanDeBeast Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The copy spell wouldn't help the way it is written in "The Wizard's Handbook"/"The Wizard's Spell Compendium". Because that spell does not create a magical scroll, as stated clearly in the text of the spell.

5. Dark Phoenyx Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Give The caravan contract to the fishmonger.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.