1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Banner Saga 3 - Production Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Dec 6, 2017.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]The latest update on The Banner Saga 3.

[​IMG]

[...]

Producers Corner

Hey Bannerfolk! As 2018 approaches, I suppose you must be wondering how far along we are in development of Banner Saga 3! What's the status? Where's the final chapter to my epic saga? Why don't you just ship this thing already so I can know how it all ends!?! Well, I'm here to answer ALL your questions, because I'm the producer, and that's just what we do.

Banner Saga 3 is still in an Alpha state, but I'm happy to report that we are approaching the 'Feature Complete' milestone (where no more new game features are added and we start to iterate, bugfix and polish). These are the features and tools that our programmers (John and Drew) deliver to the designers (Matt and Alex) so they can implement content into the game (character conversations, combat abilities, and new game systems).

Speaking of the designers, Arnie's creative team (Art and Design) are trying to get to 'Content Complete' so that we can consider writing and art assets to be 'final, polished and ready to ship.' The final pass on writing will happen this year, and the translation/localization process will soon kick off for 10+ languages. Isn't it exciting to think that the final chapter of the story is almost completely written? I totally know how it ends and I'm not even going to tell you. :o)

Our partner companies are kicking into high gear to deliver their final assets early next year:
    • Powerhouse Animation is compositing our in-game cinematics at break-neck speed to meet deadlines early in 2018. (Did you guys see their work on Battle Chasers and Castlevania? These guys are KILLIN IT)
    • This month we're kicking off Quality Assurance testing to start gathering bugs to squash.
    • Austin Wintory is composing and delivering scratch music tracks (placeholders made digitally to stand in for the real tracks that come after recording). He'll be tuning up the full symphony for orchestral soundtrack recording in January.
    • KPoW Audio is playing through the latest build and planning out sound effects.
    • Syrland will be recording voice over for some of our cinematics early in the new year in their intimidating Nordic voices.
    • Versus Evil is creating their marketing master plan, including in-person appearances for the team at many gaming shows (look for those announcements on social media in the new year!)
    For those of you in our Kickstarter, many of the merchandise items have been manufactured and are on their way to our fulfillment facility - we continue to strive to beat our December 2018 deadline for those, and there should be some exciting updates in the new year.

Banner Saga 1 and 2 are also getting some love and bugfixing and we're hoping to have an exciting announcement in the new year that I'm not going to say anything more about, because I'm the producer, and that's just what we do. -Your Truly, Zeb L. West
    [...]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.