1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bandit Camp

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Ladonna, Oct 6, 2001.

1. Ladonna Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

how the hell do i get into the bandits camp? i can't figure out how to get to there. please help?!?!?!?!?

2. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    go to fieldposts inn in bergost and go upstairs, there u will find a cocky mage... kill the fool and read his notes, then it will show u the location on ur map

3. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Or you can actually join the bandits too, you need to go to Peldsvale or the named woodland area beside it, after clearing the mines, and when accosted by bandits tell them you want to join.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I think that joining the bandits is better than just marching in and killing everyone there. It allows you to kill your main enemies one by one, since there are some real heavies there, that is pretty nice, and if you are lucky you can find a 2nd pair of gauntlets of weapon expertise ... ;)

And actually the conversation when you try to join is damn funny.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited October 08, 2001).]

5. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    ~wipes the blood from his sword~

did any1 have a problem slaughtering those pompus fools? so convinced of their own superiority... and now... theyre all dead... Mw haha ahah a

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

SPOILER!

Ragusa is right, joining the bandits is a better solution. You can join them by talking to a couple of bandits in the wood of sharp teeth (map east of Peldvale)

They will take you to Tazok. He will not believe you and recognice you. Kill him and receive a great award: 4000 XP and the Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise.

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Well Headbanger, Tazok can either not believe you as you said, or he can, if you say the right things :grin: You won't get to fight him then but you will have the acomplished feeling of outwitting the bad guys :grin: He leaves for Cloakwood and you get run of the camp.

8. sorvo Guest

Will Tazok still be at the final scene if you kill him in the woods?

9. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

10. SPOILER

In the whole entire BG series, you get to kill Tazok 3 times.

11. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Super Spoiler (including one of the most secret BG-2 secrets - so be warned and aware !!! ;) )
    The locations where yopu can meet Tazok are ( :mad: SPOILER :mad: )
    -bandit camp ;)
    -final fight
    -firekraag's dungeon in BG-2

JAWOLL !

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Odd, whenever I fought Tazok in the woods he conceded defeat and let me join, then went off to cloakwood.

13. Ragusa

Media:
    It depends on how much damage you can deal out in a very short time. When you manage to kill him before he concedes defeat you'll receive 4000 xp. As a guideline: He starts to talk pretty early and when he took some damage he almost immediately starts his consede-talk. So I alway try to avoid melee and rely on bows (for the high number of ranged attacks) in hope to kill him before he comes close enough to my party to talk.

I sometimes fail to do so which is no *real* problem since you seem not to be supposed to be able to kill him there.
    Anyway, you can just as well try to kill him when he leaves ( :evil: yeah! shooting him in the back :evil: )for just 400 xp :D Not quite fair but he's a bad guy and deserves it ;)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited October 10, 2001).]

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Huh? Is that something that is fixed in a patch or something? For as far as I can remember I just killed him in the Bandit Camp, He didn't talk to me after he got some damage. Maybe that is fixed by Bioware for else you could kill more Tazoks in the game then Kobolds and that says much :)

It's a long time ago, but I hope I get another chance today, when my Thief Only Party will head to the north, to the woods of Sharp Teeth. I will try to kill Tazok, for I have no use for Gauntlet's of Dex or Strength with my party, so the Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise would be very welcome so the Cloakwood and BG would be a little bit less hard for me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.