1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baldur's Gate

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by idoru, Oct 25, 2001.

1. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

No, I meant the city. I'm not that dumb. Anyway, I'm just moving into cloakwood, I've been this far into the game once before with a different character, before getting bored and playing through BG2 instead. Now I'm at the same point, and it's not that much fun playing anymore. I get a bit bored. I'm quite tempted to give up on this, and head on to bg2. So, in your opinion, is the city Baldur's Gate, with its myriad of areas and quests, worthwhile? Was this the best part of the game? At least a good one? I'm just wondering if I should spend time on this before going over bg2 again.. I don't have that much time to play, and I want to be done with my second time around bg2 before moving on to NWN (yes, that's how slow a gamer I am!).

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] definitely it is. There is plenty of fun and xp hidden in there .... and the city offers some of the nicest thief-quests in the whole BG-1/2 game series :love:

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I nailed the Iwd and BG2 before I perused Baldur's Gate.

There's some neat storylines to be found in the Gate. None of the side quests are all that intensive (unlike BG2's), but the main quests are worthwhile. It won't take you all that long to clear the place out 50%, and you meet up with a few of the characters that respawn into BG2. If you cheat like crazy, it would take a couple of hours to catch the story/characters (depending on how fast your system is and what your 'Ai updates is set to'), and then another 1.5 hours or so to wipe out the EEEEEEvil boss-guy.

(how's that for a vague, non-spoiler opinion?)

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Indeed, Baldur's Gate is the top of the bill of an excellent game. You won't regret it and now you are in Cloakwood you are really close to enter the big city. Play it, it is interesting and will also make the story in BG2 much cleared for you!

5. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] If theirs alot of thief quests then whould it be a good thing to change my class from a fighter/mage to thief? Would it help me any?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nah. One good thief in a party is enough really. You should have Imoen be the thief, or Coran. I had both. But if you dumped Imoen, there are other thieves to be found.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I got only thiefs in my party :) But I agree that for a normal game one is enough. Coran is more an archer then a thief anyway.

Dranalis DeAealth likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.