1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baldur's Gate 3?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Turandil, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Tal, you spoke about a sequal to Baldur's Gate some months ago, said that you was sure about a third part of the saga. So I wonder if you (or others) got any new infomation. Happy for answers.

[ November 13, 2003, 22:29: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] No new info. Anyway, you could look for the original topic in the ToB forum and post there. Moving this to ToB.

3. MoonBlade Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hmm... If BG3 would be the continue of the Saga what will be the story then, when you are a god? What if you have to create armies, and fight against the other gods' armies? Or defend your folk? And who will be the party ? That won't be a good idea... Now, you are a god, so you cannot die. May others. Have you got some ideas? What will be your stories?

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It wouldn't continue the saga. It would be a new game using the Baldur's Gate name to attract customers. There of course may be some references to the other Baldur's Gate games in it.

Just like IWD2 wasn't a continuation of IWD.

[ October 23, 2002, 21:22: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

5. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Fools thats why there is IWD 2 and Neverwinter Nights to replace BG 2

6. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Imagine in BG3 you could be a new priest kit:

Priest of (your name from BG2)

Like "Priest of Davaeorn", if I had used him to beat TOB. :D

Or how about Baldurs Gate(an RPG) turns Real Time Strategy? Instead of the party of 6, you lead a whole army!

[ October 24, 2002, 05:06: Message edited by: Davaeorn ]

7. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31

I'd really rather it stay as an RPG. I'm on board with Blackthorne, don't continue but make references to the other parts. Maybe move it towards Waterdeep to the North rather than South.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Why should it stay on the prime plane? I think it would be cool to play on a different plane. :rolling:

9. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You seem to be forgetting the ending choice of not becoming god. It could be a continuation of that. It would probably turn out like IWD or NWN in the fact that you wouldn't have anything particularily special about you

10. Legitas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey it could be story about heroe's(half-god) children :)

11. Caliban Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I don't know what would be a good idea, but the Baldurs's Gate games hold a special place on my computer. They are such excellent games that drag you into the storyline and hold a certain magic to them. No offense to go out there to NWN lovers, but NWN really doesn't hold the same status in my book as the baldurs gate games. :(

12. Atreides Gems: 7/31

I love the BG series but it's time to let them rest. To make a third game would do a grave injustice to BG and BG2 (including their respective expansions.) Really, what's left to do? There's not much fun to be had playing as a god, what can kill you? where's the challenge? And of course there's the other path, not becoming a god. What's left to do there? by the time you end the game and if you elect not to become a god you already are uber powerful anyway.
    Let the saga end, it's a classic series of games, don't destroy it by proposing more ideas for a story that has ended.

13. knightlight Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] According to a note that I read (I believe it was in the ToB manual) the Baldurs gate series was intended to be an "epic trilogy." However, Throne of Bhaal counts as the third installment of this trilogy.
    To be honest, I believe that Throne of Bhaal was a satisfactory finale for the whole series and anything after that would be rather ridiculous. The story has ended, the battle is over, the "Where Are They Now" has been written, and I really don't want to see Haer'Dalis on VH1. End of rant. :D

14. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I too think the BG saga is finished for good.
    :(
    Though it is a shame for such a good series to end there is nothing great left to do. :(

And i wouldnt want to see it turn into Might&Magic games ;) :D

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I wonder if any of you read the posts before you reply to them. BTA repeated what I already stated in two or three BG3 topics before this one. A Baldur's Gate 3 would only use the same name to attract the attention of people who played the previous games, and to cash in on the famous and recognizable name. It WOULD NOT be a continuation of the Child of Bhaal saga. That one is OVER with ToB. I don't see why this is so hard for people to understand. It's not nuclear science, it's a very simple concept. :rolleyes:

[ October 24, 2002, 21:17: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

16. Demogorog Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Instead of BG3 I'd rather whant a new storyline at a new place, why not in the huge city Waterdeep, using the infiniy 2d view of course.

And let it be bigger, like BG1, and 2 in one game, and most important...much harder.

Almost forgotten: KITS!!! No damn 3'd edition or something like that, let it be just like BG2!

17. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Any new game would likely not be AD&D, since 3e is going to sell far more copies. It's the newest, so naturally the most popular.

Also, while I would love to see a resurgence of the Infinity Engine, Bioware and BIS did say that IWD2 would be the last IE game.

18. Exor Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I've just found this news:

It says that Interplay plans to make Baldurs Gate 3 with the Graphicengine from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Source

:)

19. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've just checked the page out. The "news" is from May 2001. Let's face it, there isn't going to be a Baldur's Gate 3, ever. The story finished in TOB. Bioware are only doing NWN-related stuff (shame!). Black Isle are doing Dark Alliance 2. Icewind Dale II is almost certainly the last ever commercial Infinity Engine game. You need to look to the BG2 mod community to seek new thrills - there's a Dragonlance mod in active development and the authors reckon it'll take as long as SOA to go through when it's finished.

Finally, if there WERE a Baldur's Gate 3 game in the works, don't you think we'd have heard something? It would be the biggest release of the year.

20. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Erebus - "Fools thats why there is IWD 2 and Neverwinter Nights to replace BG 2"

I dont know if I should laugh or cry.
    Even Pool of Radiance RoMD is better than NWN, and that says alot I think. IWD2 is good though, but lightyears away from the BG games. There is no substitute for Baldurs Gate period.

But sadly, as said, if there was any plans of a BG3 I think we would´ve heard something to.

*Decides to cry after all*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.