1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baldur's Gate 3...it's official (almost)

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Late-Night Thinker, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

So where should we all discuss our next three year addiction? Going to make a whole new category?

[ July 20, 2004, 13:51: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Holy mother of god!

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Uh... link? And why isn't this in the 'The Playground' forum? If you don't have a link... who is designing it?

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There's a link on the front page of SP

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I dont consider PCGamer to be a very reliable source of info. Personally, I'll believe it when I see it.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'll set up a new forum as soon as there's some actual official confirmation of the news. Just in case.

7. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Ohhh - yay!
    /me spends the rest of the week chanting BG3 in a monotonous voice while rocking back and forth in a corner.
    :borg:

8. Sirus Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Will it be as crappy as the other ones?

9. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Am I the only one troubled by the issue number stated at link from the front page? (http://home.comcast.net/~stesergio/pcgamer.html)

It says it is from the PC Gamer September 2004 edition. I'm not familiar with this magazine, but it is only mid-July, why would there already be a September edition? I went to the website of that magazine (http://www.pcgamer.com) and it says that the August edition is available at the moment.

I'm not yet convinced that this is the real deal.

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

By the moment my eyes hit "PC Gamer", I quit reading. It is a AD-magazine with a price-tag, thus untrustworthy source for *any* kind of info. :nolike:

Personally, I would rather see a remake of the two previous parts, and call it "BG3 -Complete." Or something. ;)

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Crap - this is going to make me learn 3E rules.

12. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Huh, I really hope that they are going to make BG3... but I wonder what will it look like...

13. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I hope they do, too...but if the crap salad that was Icewind Dale II is any indication that Interplay can't handle their own mess, I almost wish they WON'T come out with a BG3. I'd rather have NO BG3 than a crappy one. It'll soil the series.

I'm actually at a loss for how they can produce a decent title now. All of their best people have either left or been fired. Unless they get Obsidion to develope it, I can't see BG3 as being anything other than a slapshod disaster that will make money solely on name recognition alone.

Could be wrong though. I hope I'm super-duper wrong.

14. Ruddiger Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The ending of TOB didn't really set itself up for another sequel: you were supposed to either choose ur own destiny or become a god, how would thet get out of that cul de sac?

15. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

well a bg 3 could be cool, but who is going to make it? interplay is kind of dead, the only got there MMO fallout back. and black isle is long gone. so who gets to develop it? Hopefully Bethesda, just to hear you guys moan about it ;)
    hopefully obsidian, bioware or maybe inxile will develop it, if it's not just a hoax.

16. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Man, if this is real then it is either going to be awesome, or a piece or crap.

17. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Obviously, we're looking at a completely different storyline, one which likely will not have any relation to the first two. Character levels in ToB went up to level 40, so that's all they can do there. I'd say we're looking at level one characters again, and seeing as how they are likely going to change over to 3E rules, it would be appropriate to start over.

18. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Its a shame it will probably be in 3d. I didn't like NWN for that reason.

19. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'd definitely be keen on playing BG3. I think 3D is pretty much a must nowadays - but I'm not too concerned as long as the gameplay is stellar. The BG series had a great storyline with plenty of character and NPC interaction, so I hope they keep that.

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Who said that it even has to have anything to do with Interplay? Atari owns the license, and AFAIK, they can give it to anyone they like.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.