1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bag of holding...disappeared

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Hamadrys, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Hamadrys Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is this a glitch or just the common result of putting some drow items in a bag of holding, that when you go back to the surface, the bag of holding itself + all that it contains is turned into adamantine dust ???
    This is what I experienced and unfortunately, I do not have any old save to reload and get it back. I know drow items desintegrate in the light, but that it makes the entire bag go into dust...that sucks !!! :(
    Anyone else experienced this ? Is there any way to get it back (going back in the drow caves?)...

2. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Havent heard of this bug before but you could just use Shadow Keeper to put all of the items and the bag back into your inventory.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The only way I know to get your stuff back is to use the CLUA Console codes - Cheats help. I have never heard of nor experienced this particular bug before.

4. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

While it never happened in any of my games, I read somewhere (in a walkthrough, methinks) of a nasty bug involving disintegrating drow stuff kept in the BoH. But alas, it wasnt said what kind of unpleasantness will be wreaked; might very well be what you encountered.

Cluacodes to the rescue. :)

5. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'm not sure if creature that can destroy magical items (nishruu?) could have destroyed it? I recently lost FoA+5 that way. Or it was disappeared from inventory after helpless Anomen took some hits from nishruu(?), found it out bit late, can't verify for sure. But it disappeared after that fight anyway.

Edit: My drow items in BoH have always just disintegrated to dust.

6. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Do you have the Baldurdash fixpack installed?
    It fixes the "Nishruu/Hakeashar eating items" bug.

7. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Oh it was a bug, didn't know it. :o

I have G3FixPack installed. I quess FoA just disappeared from my inventory then.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.