1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bad stuff when walking out of Underdark

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by trillex, Feb 19, 2004.

1. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I just got out of underdark and was brought to see the elven guy at the camp. But after we've talked and I'm about to leave, the harpers suddenly appears talking about the ambush in Hapers Hold and turns hostile.

The problem is that the elven general joins their side and when he's killed.. well, nothing left to do. I've tried to just run from them but when I returned he was still hostile. Is there any way to fix this?

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've had this happen to me too. The only thing I had work was to cast Haste on everybody before you emerge, so it's still cast on you when you're in your conversation with Elhan. As soon as the conversation is over, keep pausing/unpausing until you see the Harpers on the screen (necessary, otherwise you will run into them). Then run in the opposite direction and make book for the map edges to exit. Might take a few tries, but this should work. It was the only way out of the situation for me.

Also, another way to avoid this is to use the console to teleport yourself to the edge of the map and exit. I would say to teleport yourself to another area altogether, but then you would avoid meeting up with Drizzt.

If you have reservations about using the console, since it's technically cheating, just remember that Elhan and all of the elves going hostile to you in this situation is a catastrophic bug that was never, to my knowledge, fixed in a patch. Just use the console and move on.

3. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Thanks for the quick respond. That solution never popped into my head but I'll try it right away.

4. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

If the harpers turn up after a set amount of time, you could always try resting in the entrance to the Underdark for a bit and see if you can trigger an attack to get them out of the way.

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ david w

It doesn't work. There are certain quests and events that are put on hold while you are in the underdark and don't resume until you're back out. That's one of them. In fact, almost all quests and timelines active on the surface are put on hold until you get back up there. The "set amount of time" passed and expired while you were underground. The event triggers when you enter the next "open" area, which is unfortunatly in front of a tempermental elven war party, lead by a plot-essential character.

6. Xindell Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I don't know what global variable controls the timing of the Harper attack, but if someone does, I'm sure you could just SetGlobal and push the attack out a bit longer, so they won't show up for another day for instance. Just a thought.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] When I emerged from the Underdark they spawned around the entrance of the UD not around Elhan. I went back and talked to them because I didn't recognise them.

I can only suggest setting Party AI off so you do not attack. The elves attack you if the see you attack a neutral (too them - this mean not a wild animal, but quest battles count as neutral to them)

However I have ToB and the patch and I managed to beat them without the elves getting narky about it.

8. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

You could sit there and watch them attack you until they injure an elf, then the elves will help you no?

9. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Nope. As soon as the Harpers go hostile, the elves do too.

10. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Is there anyway you could cast Invisibility on the whole party before leaving the Underdark then sneak past the Harpers before the spell wears off? Would the encounter still trigger if the Harpers weren't able to see you?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.