1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baator portal

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Kurgan, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Kurgan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This is my first posting, so bear with me....I am enjoying PS:T, but I am stuck in the baator section. I know I need to use the obsidian that Fjull mentioned to activate the portal out, but can't find a lump of obsidian anywhere on the map. Any tips?

2. ArchAngel Guest

There is a red rock to the south west in the "Baator place" as far as I remember. Here you can find the Obsidian and play with it...

I won't spoil it further for you. But feel free to ask for more info.

And Welcome to the boards Kurgan :)

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited April 19, 2002).]

3. Kurgan Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] was finally able to find that- thanks for the tip archangel!!

4. Mace Gems: 1/31

Hi All
    Been awhile i've been searching all over the southwest of baator.I'm not sure if just me but i looked at every rock and still can't find the red one that is the portal (If need be can i get spoiler)Been in baator for two weeks now.Been running from enamies ever since.Lol thanks

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

By one method or another (Fhjull or Skulls) you have to *know* (heh) the way to get out of Baator.

Once you *know*, then it's in the southwest corner. There's a little band of whatnots there you'll be fighting unless you run-like-heck, and you have to walk to just the right spot. A dialogue will pop-up when you get to the spot, so you will *know* when you're there.

(on a side note: did you like how I fit all those Dakkon knows in there? Clever...Clever...)

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Well a bit of-topic but I w2as wondering, the first time that I was in Baator, near the portal, this big demon thing was coming from behind a rock he was really cool looking and I was so suprised, he killed me!

Then I got back to life, walked back to the place, but the demon wasn't there anymore, and I waited there for 2 or 3 REAL hours, but the demon that never show up again!

Did anybody else once see this one (I believe he was bright red, with no wings) ? Tell me about him...

7. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think you mean a Cornugon (I'll check and see about the wings though). You mostly fight Green, Black, and Red abishais but every once in a while you run into a cornugon
    (you also run into one after talking to the Pillar of skulls and you exit back into Baator).

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, he's right in the middle of the area. Kinda' freaked me out too, but I just kept Noname running like a cheetah after a gazelle.

9. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Hmm cool! But then I'm still puzzeled why it did disapear when I died, and why it didn't come back later. (Maybe one of my party members killed it when I was already dead, is this posibble?)

Well but now I know it's not a thing of my imaganation, I shall go back to Baator and wait for it! I got a savegame where I'm near FFT's House so it's only a short walk from there :).

10. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The monsters in that area are random encounters (except for the one after the Pillar of skulls). I ran into one a couple of times in different spots.

11. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] And creatures that are spawned at random can disapear if you die? That doesn't make sense... Well I gonna walk till he pops up!

And than his ass is mine, Yi-Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

12. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Great, wander in there for the next three days real time.

Yi-haa*urgh*aaaargh....

13. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] 3 days, sounds like a pretty long and F#ck#d up time to spent in real time in baator...

Maybe you can join me, than we can play a game of wack the shadow...

Yi-haaaaa (And a bottle of rum, this time!)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.