1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Attn: married guys

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by The Great Snook, Jul 10, 2008.

1. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Would you survive the year?

I love this. However, I'm way too smart to show it to Mrs. Snook. :angel:

2. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I like sex a lot, but there's not way I could perform every day for 365 days. Or even 5 days straight.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    So you could do it 5 days gay?

:p

4. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Wow. I don't know about daily for a year. That seems a little draining.

I mean, my wife really is hot, I mean hot, but I think every other day would be safer.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well, the article does bring up some points. When me wife and I were newly weds, we were having sex several times per week. Now that Mini-Fop has come along, it's more like once per week. I have to agree though, unless your in your late teens or early 20s, I don't think every day for a year straight is sustainable. And I'd definitely settle for 2-3 times per week.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Trust a lawyer to twist words :p Let me re-word that for you in my best legalese:

I could not engage in intensive, physical romantic behaviour every day for more than 4 consecutive days without becoming subject to severe medical discomfort and stress that would inhibit my ability to function properly in society.

7. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Wuss.

Drew likes this.
  8. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I have got to find a wife!

9. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

If you do, Gnarff, it'll be like this for the first year -- sex nearly every day and lots of romance. After that year, though, the criticism and whining starts. Her friends go from "he's such a great guy" to "I can't believe he SAID that to you!" and pretty soon you have sex once every 6 months just because there's nothing better to do that night. Then she finds even more fault with you no matter what you do, and even your efforts to re-ignite things are twisted into horrible acts of sexism. Then she runs off with some guy taking 50% of your stuff, all the while with her friends telling her that everything that ever happened was YOUR fault and that she's a perfect little victim who's never made a mistake in her life.

At least, that's what CAN happen. So pick carefully and realize that even the best of women aren't likely to follow the route the woman in the thread here did.

I'm not bitter or anything :rolleyes:

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Good thing that prenups are legal in the U.S. Here they aren't, oddly enough.

11. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not to pick on your situation, but I have heard more than one male go through similar or even worse situations. I remember reading that the marriage rates are going down as men are far less interested in what marriage has to offer.

12. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Legal, yes. Try getting a woman to sign one, though. They see it as an insult. In any event, I just heard a big thing on the radio about how no prenup is ironclad.

Back to the topic, I also wouldn't want to try this because I wouldn't want to make more opportunities to hear complaints and whining about my performance. (to be honest, my present wife doesn't do this and never has, but I'm still wary after my first marriage to the Queen of Complaints.)

13. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    There must be something wrong with my marriage since we've never have any of those problems.:rolleyes: It's true that a lot of the romance fades after a while, especially after you have kids, but that's a good thing. It means that your relationship is finally secure enough that just being with each other is often enough. Having reached that point in my marriage, I can honestly say that I never want to be single again. About the sex thing, once you both hit thirty or so, your libidos balance out. Women in their thirties usually have higher libidos than men...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  14. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Naw, Drew, you just found a good woman instead of a manipulative cow. You're lucky. I'm pretty sure the woman I'm married to is a good women, but then what the hell would I know -- I thought the same thing about the first one!:confused:

15. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    You know, unless I wanted people to think I was sexist, I would avoid using terms like "manipulative cow" when referring to an ex-wife...especially one who accused me of sexism. She may well be both manipulative and physically unattractive, but using such derogatory language to describe such attributes tends to give people the wrong idea. Just saying.

16. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I used "cow" because the other appropriate word relating to a female animal likely gets censored. I'm not sexist, just torqued off to the power of a million.

17. Gnarfflinger

LKD: I'm fairly safe--most of my **** isn't worth taking...

18. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Oh really? How about 40% of your income stream for the next twenty years. Is that worth taking?

19. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It'll the tiresome.
    Whenever something nice or special is done every day -with a routine- it'll lose that what makes it special!

The "routine" is know to be killer in everything that we (mankind) pursue.

20. Gnarfflinger

If my back doesn't heal, I may not have an income stream for her to dip into...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.