1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Attacking Elminster

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Robin Lou, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Robin Lou Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi, I was wondering how to make elminster stay and fight. As now he escape the area as soon I finish the dialogue. How do I turn him red? I hit him like hell, yet he never becomes angry. Can I script it somehow?

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

When they're scripted to leave the area, characters will never turn red. And since every time Elminster shows up, he's scripted to come talk to you and then leave, it's just not going to happen normally. You'll need to remove the INITDLG script from at least one of the CRE files so that he won't initiate converstion when he appears. (You could still then initiate the dialogue on your own, but it would give you the option whether or not to talk to him.) I'm not sure if you can do this with SK, but you can probably do it with WeiDU or Near Infinity or whatever other full editors are out there.

3. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

You can't as far as I know.

4. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I guess he would be like Gorion though huh? Because Gorion was supposed to be a mage of great power but he wasn't that high a level was he? So, being BGI, Elminster probably wouldn't have been given that many spells or whatever.

5. ObviousDelirium Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I actually suspect they would have made Elminster almost unkillable, if not unkillable, frankly, it's Elminster we're speaking off. So yeah, maybe his spellbook wouldn't contain a lot of spells because, as you said, it's BG1, but I think he would have an horribly high amount of spells he could memorize and cast.

Hell, you need to use cheesy tactics to kill Drizzt, imagine Elminster (I'm just assuming he's stronger then Drizzt, correct me if I'm wrong though).

6. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Umm, yeah, he is ... A LOT STRONGER

Check your BG Handbook, Drizzt is level 16, Elminster is level 32 or something.

7. ObviousDelirium Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I don't have that handbook, the copy of the game I got was an used copy with no handbooks.

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You can download it from SP.

9. w.d. Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

If you had boots of speed you could run away from him before the dialogue starts, then shoot at him when he's some distance away...(from my experience in the area before friendly arms inn) he will turn hostile but will still be chasing you because he wants to talk to you so much... and you cant hit him iether.

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    @ Silvershield:

You were close. According to the book that comes with the game, Elminster is a 29th level wizard.

11. nunsbane

nunsbane

I've never been able to turn Elminster hostile or strike him/smite him, though I've tried. I've surrounded Tethtoril and Gorion with dozens of summoned Drizzt and then turned the wizards hostile with a ranged attack...Gorion dies, Tethtoril kills every Drizzt I can summon and then wastes me. I can't remember for sure, but I think Eliminster is far more powerful than Tethtoril - so attacking him would probably end badly for your party anyway.

12. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Gorion have a "kill protagonist spell" ! \m/ o_0 \m/

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.