1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ATI AIW 1900

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Abdel - Bhaal Spawn, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I am about ready to upgrade from my GeForce 6600 512MB card to ATI's All in Wonder 1900. First off I am doing this for two reason.

1-Improve Graphics over current GPU
    2-TV Tuner
    3-Software Bundle

I can pick up the ATI card for a little under $250 shipped.

What do you think?

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    /me drools...

First off...it's going to bring your performance down just a hair since a single card is handling the TV tuner along with the normal functions of a video card...but not by much. If you get a 2nd TV tuner card ($50-$75) you can record TWO shows at the same time! :bigeyes:

Also, since the tuner device is so much smaller, you're not restricted to the stock cooler. You can use a danger den Maze 4 water block on it, if you had a water cooling system.

I am the biggest fanboy for the ATI AIW cards. I tossed an AIW X800 in my buddy's computer and he just loves it. If you decide to get the AIW 1900, let me know how it does. :thumb: :rolling:

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The AIW cards are also clocked slower than the non-AIW boards. I don't know how big a difference it makes though.

4. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I was reading a reveiw and some had their AIW 1900 liquid cool and over clocked it beyond the 1900XT clock speed. He said it overheated a few time but it was stable at a similar clock speed of the 1900XTX, but due to the card having less RAM on it, the AIW card did match the FR of the 1900XTX card.

That isn't what I am aiming for anyways. I just want to improve upon the performance I have from my GeForce 6600 DDR2 512MB card, and from what I have read the AIW will do that also allow me to add a TV tuner. From what I have seen for prices a ATI 1900 for $250 isn't bad considering that a 1800GTO card goes for about $230-240 and that is considered a lower end card.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.