1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Astlibra Revision - Review

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Dec 6, 2022.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]RPG Site has reviewed the side-scrolling RPG Astlibra Revision:

[​IMG]

Astlibra Revision

To be honest, I don't know where to start with Astlibra Revision. When the game released in October this year, it completely flew under my radar at the time. The only reason I started playing was due to the glowing recommendation of a friend of a friend. The only thing I knew going in was that the game was created mostly single-handedly by an indie developer by the name of KEIZO over the span of a little more than a decade. With little knowledge of the game, I had no idea what to expect, but I decided to give it a try regardless. After 70 or so hours of playtime, I do not regret the decision. As our regular podcast listeners will know, the game is nothing less than a wild trip.

After researching the game's long history, I found that the original version is still available as a Japanese-only freeware title. However, if you purchase the game on Steam, there are many quality-of-life features such as the improved sprites as well as the game's engine being reworked to support widescreen formats instead of just the 4:3 screen ratio available in the free version. Additionally, there is also a new post-game chapter.

[...]

Astlibra is by no means a perfect game and I think that is okay. I still feel Astlibra is excellent and shows what a 2D action, side-scrolling RPG is capable of, while maintaining a retro feel. If you're a fan of 2D action RPGs, Astlibra is truly a hidden gem this year and can be easily overlooked. I highly recommend this game as it is truly a labour of love by its creator that should not be ignored, even if it's just for the time and dedication that was put into it.

Score: 9/10

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2022
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.