1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Artifacts & relics 1st edition AD&D?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Eyebreaker7, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Does anyone know where I can find this info? Google didn't turn up anything for me. Anyone know of a place that google should have found?

I'm mainly looking for the properties they can have but the items themselves would be super too.

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Finding 1st edition stuff can be obnoxiously hard. Why would you ever want that?

3. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  4. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Unfortunately it did not. But I definitely appreciate the try :thanks:

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  6. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    I like the way you can give them your own options/powers/abilities. With the charts/lists I can use them as templates to work with. Besides it's for 1st edition anyway. Bit of a throw back campaign if you will. :p

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    It's D&D, you can make any type of magic items you want.

8. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Really?

9. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Is AD&D still the first edition? I have the hand books. I still remember basic and expert :) I see what you mean, there are spaces for extra powers. Never noticed that :(

10. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    I remember basic but not expert for some reason.
    I have an original DMG for 1st edition but I can't find the damn thing for some reason. I think Keneth snuck in and stole it :D

11. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Holding it my hand, the power of ROD!

12. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    ROD?

13. Sorvo

Media:
    My real name, went of on a tangent. Gets a Beer

14. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    HAHAH! I found the little bas...! Only looked in that pile 4 or 5 times. I think this was 4.
    You know home some books get hidden between 2 things that eat it and bend over the spine of it? Well if you know what I mean that's what happend. I finally took the pile down 1 book or module at a time and POOF the genie put it in my greedy little cabbage cluchers!!
    You'll have to hide it better next time Keneth :banana:

15. Sorvo

Media:
    Sounds like a nice pile, All my shit is in order ;)

16. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Order! I have piles in a couple different rooms. Only 2 or 3. That's not bad eh? Honestly I do need to clean my room. It's awful in there. :rolleyes:

17. Sorvo

Media:
    I bet it smells too since no one changes your litter box :lol:

18. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    LOL! :exactly:
    Actually it doesn't smell for some reason. It should smell like an old book right?

page 162, table I: minor benign powers, option:

FF=possessor need neither eat nor drink for up to 1 week

How should I interpret that? I'm looking at Johydee's Mask right now if it matters.

Is it a one shot deal or can you just take it off and put it back on for another week?? Kinda sucks if it's just a 1 shot trick for an artifact?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  19. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    What would I want with 1st edition stuff? I don't even like 3rd edition, much less anything before or after that.

That clearly looks to me like a constant ability. You wear the item and it allows you not to eat or drink for up to 1 week at a time.

20. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    What version(s) of D&D do you like? I like all of them but 5th and that's only because I dislike the fact that I've never played it. :tobattle:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.