1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Arkanis Gath

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Leethal, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Leethal Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Damn, Arkanis Gath is causing me headaches.
    I wanna take out the thieves guild with my lev18 undead hunter but whenever i attack anyone in the main guild, or maevar's Arkanis Gath appears and does like 150 damage with 1 hit.... is this a bug, or is this guy seriously challenging.
    (I think i may have killed him after maevar a different time)

2. Lord Sarevok Guest

I never had any problems killing Mae'var. But I just cast a sequenced fireball at them, so I wouldn't know. BTW, Mae'var is a pansy who wears pink pants and leather! Renal was right to want to kill this guy!

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited November 19, 2001).]

3. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The same problem came up for me when I tryed to kill Bloodscalp to see if it was worth it to pickpocket him. It was but I had to cheat to get rid of that stupid guy with the killsword.

4. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I assume the problem is that you've tried to turn on the Shadow Thieves after siding with them in the Guild War. In that situation Arkanis Gath is turned into a (virtually) unkillable foe, wielding the Killsword. Basically this is giving you the hint that it's probably not a good idea to attack both the groups who might be able to get you to Spellhold.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Just a couple of lil' corrections:

Godlike version of Arkanis Gath appears also if you screw your dialogue with Mae'Var while searching for proofs of his activities.

The sword Arkanis Gath is wielding is NOT Killsword, but special version of Short Sword of Backstabbing that kills opponent with one swing (besides ordinary damage it also inflicts death spell without saving throw available for victim). This means you can protect yourself with cleric spell Death Ward against that killing machine Arkanis.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited November 19, 2001).]

6. Extremist is right. I Ctrl + Q'd Gath a while ago, and found out that I could kill anyone with a swing of his sword. It did about 13 damage, but it seems that any hit kills the target.

Arkanis Gath wielding the Killsword . . . hmph . . . :flaming:

7. Maldir Gems: 11/31

It's true, he does wield the Killsword in the situation where you sided with the shadow thieves then try to kill them: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002449.html
    As for what he wields if you side with Bodhi I don't know, but it could well be the Short Sword of Backstabbing.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] For God's sake....:rolleyes:

How many times more I'll have to repeat it is not damned Killsword!!!

Who do you want to trick here? Noone in the whole SoA never gets Killsword - Killsword is cheater's weapon dammit! Only cheaters can have that.

The link? What should that link prove here? Here's the appropriate link: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002772.html
    I placed there all console commands for testing it, and you still come here talking that Arkanis gets Killsword. :rolleyes: I try too hard I guess... *sigh*

Ok, it is Killsword! If you want it to be Killsword, if you believe someone else besides me, it is Killsword! Are you finished with spamming about it already!?

9. Maldir Gems: 11/31

OK, I'll bow to your greater knowledge. I'd seen references to Gath having the Killsword, and it made sense.
    Another question then - why was it put into the game? Unless it was just a test tool for the creators to be sure they could kill everything?

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] For answers why is something placed in the game and something is not you should ask Bioware, not players.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Actually, like maldir said, it's a sort of failsafe. If you whack the thieves and turn bodhi down, how the hell ya gonna advance? It just makes sure that you don't save and leave yourself out in the cold, forcing a restart. Wish these damn things were around in BG1. I didn't bother readin Tazoks letters the 2nd time around so I couldn't get to Davaeorn... had to restart.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.