1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ariel Sharon: War Criminal

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Argohir, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Read this article and say what do you think about that. I don't think good things about Sharon and Israel especially after reading it.

2. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Never doubted it, but he's not the only one. I "don't think good things" either about other nations supplying weapons to countries who then commit war crimes. Israel is killing 40 Lebanese civilians for every Israeli civilian with US "precision" bombs. War is business, and business is good.

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

There is no doubt that Sharon is a war criminal, especially as he allowed right-wing Christians to slaughter Palestanians. It amazes me how much support Sharon had (has) in Israel.

4. Argohir Gems: 10/31

I suspect you will think same when all of your family and friends are killed in war. If you say "I will think the same", you are welcome to say that sentence.

5. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Sarcasm, my friend.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yep - Sharon was a dick. On the other hand he seemed a bit more reasonable than whoever it is that's in charge now...

7. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    My favorite line from your article was the last one.

Kind of sums up the point of the entire article. :rolleyes:

8. Argohir Gems: 10/31

@Tassadar: Empathy, my friend.

9. khaavern Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I somehow doubt you were thinking good things about them before reading it, either ;)

This aside, the article you linked is a piece of crock. Basically a rant against Israel disguised as journalism (not a very good disguise either). Look at following paragraph

All true facts, I am sure, but... no mention of the fact that the arabs started those two wars. I guess the discerning reader is supposed to already know that by himself (because from reading the article you could think that the arabs are as free of blame as little children).

10. Argohir Gems: 10/31

@khaavern: Did killed women and children start them?

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Its not much of a comfort, but at least we have had no reports of things like this ... yet.

12. Argohir Gems: 10/31

I think US won't really punish these soldiers, maybe will give them medals. I think these soldiers deserve every kind of torture and I wish they will be skinned alive by the Iraqis. And there are other rapes in Iraqi, it is just one of them.

13. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, because Americans celebrate rapists and murderers, and torturing and skinning criminals alive is sensible justice. You've got us all figured out, don't you?

14. Argohir Gems: 10/31

I don't mean Americans, I mean Bush and the people around him celebrate it. I think you read the article Cúchulainn sent. Do you think these soldiers can be stopped by normal ways? I think the only language they understand is violence. Most of these soldiers have psychological problems even before going to Iraq. And a government which sends problematic soldiers to Iraq would celebrate such things.

15. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm hesitant to defend US soldiers too much, but our soldiers most assuredly do not condone rape and torture. They are, however, dangerously racist towards Arabs. Disgusting as it is, "sand nigger" was an acceptable term to use for Arabs during my time in the military. It was a common term used by my National Guard battalion (I joined the Guard after my time in the Navy), who deployed to Iraq as well. (I didn't deploy because I broke my arm in such a way that I can no longer serve in the military. While a "lucky" break, it is kind of irritating to be able to bench press 85 lb dumbells for high reps but unable to do even a single pushup due to missing a sizeable chunk of my left elbow.)

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I truly pity you if you really believe that statement.

To get back on topic: One person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Many horrific things are done on both sides and both side escalate the problems. For every atrocity you show the Israeli's did, I am certain a equally vile act can be shown that has been committed against the Israeli people. Hate just breeds hate.

17. Drew

Media:
    @T2: I agree with your statement about violence generating violence, but I don't like your use of the word "equally". Israel does kill 10 Palestinians for every Israeli that dies in a terror attack.

18. Argohir Gems: 10/31

You can pity me and I can pity you.

I doubt you can show many vile acts that has been committed against the Israeli people by Arabs. Yes there are, but few in number. However if you can, I would gladly read them.

19. Drew

Media:
    You're kidding, right? That the Palestinians have blown up bombs on Israeli buses and other things is common knowledge, I thought. I disagree with T2's use of the word "equal", but calling the atrocities committed by Palestinian terrorists "few" is just as far off-mark.

20. Argohir Gems: 10/31

I didn't say there are one or two atrocities; but they are really few compared to the Israel ones, both in number and effect. 1 against 10 or 759 against 30,000 is really few, isn't it?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.