1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Are kits allowed?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Extremist, Jul 1, 2001.

1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] In ALFA form I didn't see any BG2 kits to submit.

In BG2 it says you'll be able to import your character from BG2 to NWN.

The question:
    Will you actually be able to use your hero who is i.e kensai in NWN? If yes, then does it mean that ALFA does not want kits in their worlds?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] No, it's just that there are no kits in 3rd edition D&D. You get feats, but you can make pretty much everything with them as well.

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yep, the dragon says it all. No kits; no importing of anything worthwhile. Forget importing, just start a new character using the 3rd edition rules. Might as well as you won't be able to really import anything but the name and picture (maybe) anyway.

PS: I'm a Shroom! I totally rule all!

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited July 02, 2001).]

4. ayecapitan Guest

Though kits are not allowed, the flexibilty of a system would make it so there probably wont be 2 identical characters of 1 class
    (like it is in BG2 - what we see, a DC Kensai/Mage [9/17] S:18/95 D:18 C:18 I:18 W:5 Ch:3, GM Katanas, C'Fury + Staff of the Magi + Standard AC raising stash)
    Cross-class skills allow a rogue to posess some of the fighters' skills and fighter to learn some of the rogues'.
    Please, BioWare, imbue the game with 3E to its full potential... :)

[This message has been edited by ayecapitan (edited July 02, 2001).]

5. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

how many times are people going to ask the same quesion? I mean it is getting old, fast

6. ayecapitan Guest

People are going to ask same questions until they all get the same answer, for a person knows not if he asks the same question afore he finds another person who had already asked that question and was given an answer.
    Tis a good way to get answers - from other people, who posess those, but most of us find a less intesive way - to post the question hither.

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31

No, no - you misunderstood me...

My question was specifically because of ALFA form. Ok, perhaps I was too wide with mentioning NWN in the question.

Anyway, I was not so thrilled when I saw I can't put anti-paladin on the form. Have I cleared it now?

8. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I don't think they will let you start as a anti-paladin. Neither NWN, ALFA or the 3rd Edition rules which both are based on have kits. I think the real question you should be asking is will ALFA/NWN have prestiege classes like the black guard?

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31

No, there's no question about NWN.

NWN is 3rd rules based. It will probably contain almost everything from there.

ALFA is my pain in the a** here. Will it contain it, or I should start looking for another similar page?

10. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ok, here's something to think about. This is from Mandos, HDM and Admin, on June 14, about some of the things ALFA is considering.

Ok this is a good thread, I just want you all to know this very issue came up when the FR book came up. We are circulating discussion papers among admin, then DMs and will also I expect get some feedback from players. This is my pet project (not the final answer but the organization of the information); the issues I am addressing are Realms specific issues:

1) Subraces like Drow and Svirvneblin
    2) Powerful Races and Powerful races advancement table
    3) Planetouched races
    4) Monk multiclass and reinstatement of monk advancement
    5) Realms Familiars
    6) Regional Feats and Regional Starting Equipment
    7) FR Prestige Classes
    8) Shadow Magic/Shadow Weave
    9) Wild Magic/Dead Magic Zones
    10) Faerune Gods

Some of these issues have been decided since that post, others have not been addressed yet. I haven't seen a verdict on prestige classes but if you have any other questions about the above list, I can keep you updated. Mandos is doing an excellent job of seeking input and keeping everyone informed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.