1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Apartments

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Nobleman, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I am moving to a new apartment (YAY! more than 20m2 Woohooo *happy*) in a big block
    I have a picture here
    I was just wondering if you ladies and gentlemen have any photos of where you live? Perhaps to find a photo try the webpage of the company who sold the house/flat apartment. I know I am curious :)

The new place is 112 m2 and cost the same as where I live now per person. So I am getting like twice as much space.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    112 m2 is fantastic. It'd cost a fortune here to buy such a flat where I want it (in our capital city), 20 km away from where I live. Did you buy it, or are you renting it?

3. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Ooooh, which one's yours? :p

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No, I have no pictures. It's too immediately neighbouring flats in a block. Perhaps 100 m2 together, 5 rooms, 2 kitchens, 2 bathrooms. The corridor is locked and the flats are in a corner, so I de facto have a large gratuitous entrance-hall with a tall window, flowers and armchairs. Both flats had external storage rooms assigned to them, so most of the rarely used junk ends up there and doesn't clutter up the flats. Same goes for basement sectors. I haven't been there for years, but rumour has it that it's there where the never used junk ends up.

5. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

@Tal
    I am only renting it. The costs are 2000 danish kroner per person( we are three persons sharing it) So in US dollars it would be 320 each. But yeah it is sort of fantastic, but it is also a place with a criminal reputation so insurance will be up high. If I get any :)

@Reepnorp
    Third floor, all the way to he right. That is where I will be sitting and typing to you in a few days :p

But I was more interested in You alls places. AT least share the story like Chevvie. Though Gimme photos. Gimme gimme gimme. :shake:

This is where I haved lived the past 3 years
    Down to the right in a 20 m2 apartment for 320 Us dollars too.

[ November 28, 2003, 00:26: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Yucky! You're new one looks a lot nicer. But even that..

Well my house, there's really no good place to take a photo from. But we're based on a 2000 sqaure meter section, over looking a lot of native and exotic trees. Well away from any road which is great. The house it self is a two story house, with a pointy roof. It looked like a typical huanted house until we got the roof painted. It has four big bedrooms, one kitchen and two bathrooms, one containing a spa bath :)
    The house was built in the early 70s by and english couple so it is designed like and English house would be, I guess, that's why the roof it pointy, to keep the snow off. Oh and there is two big decks over looking the whole section, as well as two sun rooms which can heat up to over 50 degrees Celcius in the summer.

I have got a few photos around the place which I can put up in the photo albun when I find them.

7. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Congratulations on your new home. That's a lot of space! My house is very small, about 15 feet by 45 feet, and it has two rooms of about equal size: one dining/living room and a big kitchen. There are also two bathrooms, one on the main floor and one in the basement. There used to be a bedroom where half of the kitchen is now, but the wall was torn down to make a big kitchen instead, and we sleep in the basement. Which is very cold in winter, because it's not heated, but it's worth it to have a house which is 50% kitchen! There is a very big garden, which is useful since I try to grow most of my own food. There is a teeny-tiny picture of my house on the front of my blog but I don't have any full-sized pictures.

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Whoa.

I had no clue on the 112 m2 thing, until I realized that's one hundred twelve square meteres. Fairly impressive compared to my 750 square feet. I could move larger, but I'm in the stage where I'm like, saving up for a dowry; or something.

$960 is kinda on the tough side, though. I give $500 for mine, but it's rural compared to New York (or the like).

It's all fun and games until you can't afford beer.

9. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Nobleman, you say something about moving to a criminal area. Where is that? Voldsmose?

10. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I've been looking for pictures of the building I live in, but I can't find any...
    I live on the fifth floor of an apartment building in a 4 room apartment. I estimate it to be about 80 m2. I bought it together with my brother, but he only lives here about a month a year when he is here on holiday from his job in Switzerland and the rest of the year it's all mine...

11. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I don't want to brag but...well, actually I do. I live in my very own large, handsome, 5-bedroomed Edwardian semi with stained glass in the downstairs windows, a mosaic floor in the hall and carved wooden staircases. We bought it five and a half years ago for £95,000. One of the advantages of being in your 30s is that you can afford somewhere nice to live. Mind you, we've spent about £30,000 on it all told since we moved in. Can't attach a picture, unfortunately.

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I live in a fairly big (42m2) one room apartment in the outskirts of central Helsingborg. It is one of those "lego" houses who more or less comes preassembled to the site and can be seen atleast all over Sweden. I pay around 1800SEK a month for it which should be around 220$ or thereabouts. The flat sorely needs to a makeover though, ancient kitchen, worn walls and a pretty shabby bathroom. It works for a lone young man who spends most of his time in front of the computer or in bed. I think I should clean my stove one of these days though.

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Lots of space, yes, but it has to be divided for three persons: each of them prob. want their own room. That is 37m* per person, and not all of it is for private use (like common bathroom and kitchen).

Or...?

14. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    what's an m2 ? :confused:

15. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Square Meter!

16. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Well, you asked for it...

Just moved in in September.

1,762 sq. ft. apartment (approx. 196 m2), it came fully furnished. Leather furniture in the Great Room. 2 bedrooms, 2 baths (1 has a whirlpool tub), very large kitchen w/ overhead stove console. Cable TV and OC255 (unshared!) internet connection included free along with free parking. Wall-to-wall carpeting, free gas, heating, water/elec. Lots of space considering that nobody lives with me.

The building itself was just built a month or so before I moved in. It's within walking distance of the campus, too. Paying $400/month for the place.

17. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Damn you... I want to go and live on my own, but I just can't finance it right now. :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.