1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anyone else know about the "Killsw01"?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Eyebreaker7, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I have NO clue where I learned about it or if it's from a mod or not but it's a VERY VERY powerful sword. It shows in your backpack, or hand, as a simple +2 longsword that does +1 cold damage.
    However it does way more than that. Not only does it give:

Mind shield
    Resist fear
    Negative plane protection
    Imp haste and 100 MR!!

If you look for it in SK you will have to look in the "Resource" part of the item. Just scroll down to the +2 long sword part and take a look for it.
    Or you can just create it in game by using the code of "Killsw01".
    Again I have NO clue how I found this so many years ago but it's great for testing things or running INSAINLY fast due to it's IMPROVED has ability.

OH YEA!! I almost forgot the best part. It does somewhere around 1000 damage with each of it's SIX attacks it gives you. Yes I said one thousand!

As I said it is an insainely powerful item. I use it when I go into the Beholder section of the Underdark or in Hell. It gives you the 100 MR which so far has held up and not given me any problems.

If you are like me and just want to "CreateItem:" in game it's code is "Killsw01" with a capital K.
    This sword is great when you want to test things out. Or when I can't get by a certain area like Hell.
    It's better than using the "Ctrl + Y" because with the sword you get the XP for the kill :)

Enjoy :)

OH! I almost forgot to warn you to be careful with it. If you have someone equipped with it and they get confused or something it really wreaks your day. Lol.
    Also AFAIK it doesn't help against Mind Flayer attacks. I never let them stay alive long enough to find out. I ALWAYS use it against Mind Flayers! I HATE trying to fight Mind Flayers. I don't last very long :(

Something else I forgot is that it gives you a hugh bonus to your AC.
    Also a huge bonus to hit but it doesn't show how much. Nor do your stats change.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    IIRC, it's the sword that the shadow thief assassin (Arkanis Gath or something like that) has to whoop your a$$ if you have the temerity to break the plot and kill Aran Linvail if you are siding with him.

The fact that it doesn't protect against mind flayers is known to be one of the ways to kill the assassin if he's after you and you are a high level mage or sorcerer. Time stop plus shape change and suck his brain out before he kills you.

3. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I thought it was the +1000 sword that the developers used for bug testing. Perhaps it's both, and they put it on Arkanis as well. If I read correctly, you're still vulnerable to elemental damage.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/cheats.php
    The Ultimate Cheater's Weapon - Spoil yourself at your own risk (Highlight the text below by dragging the mouse cursor over it)

Create yourself a "killsw01" from the console. It has the graphics and story for Long Sword +2: Varscona, but when you equip it, you get the following bonuses:

•-35 AC bonus
    •Counts as a +10 weapon

•THAC0: +50

•Damage: 1d10+1000, +1500 fire, +1500 magic, +1500 cold, +1000 piercing, +1000 slashing, and an additional 1000 of undisclosed damage

•8 attacks per turn (if you get more proficiencies, you'll get a max of 10 attacks per turn)

•100% magic resistance

•Immunity to: charm, panic, sleep, slow, stun, fatigue, hold, confusion, feeblemindedness, web, and some others

•There are no race, class, or alignment restrictions on it, so everyone can use it

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You could be right coin, it's been quite a while. I see little point in taking something like that into the game. I'd rather read a book than play through that way, seems pointless.

8people likes this.
  5. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    coineineagh that is a lot more powerful than mine :p

I don't use it unless I have no other choice to get by something. Your right it would be kinda pointless to go with it even solo.

6. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    maybe there's a different bug-testing sword, or i'm thinking of a different game. There should be an area-effect autokill function. I searched online, and this definitely is the Arkanis Gath sword, so that much is true.

I like OP items, but this one is ridiculous. I'm plannng to get hold of timestop-immune gear from mods, and I re-installed a mod Killing Wolf, because it has a flail called Eye Crusher: 5d10 +3 I think.

OP items are like hot knives where the enemies are butter. But killsw01 would be more like popping down enemies. Gameplay would be reduced to watching enemies pop twice a second. The entertainment would be gone for me.
    Can you imagine?
    ~pop~ AAAHH!
    ~pop~ UGH...
    ~pop~ IIEE!!
    ~pop~ ARRRGH!
    ~pop~ AAH!!
    ~pop~ AAAHH!
    ~pop~ UGH...
    ~pop~ IIEE!!
    ~pop~ ARRRGH!
    ~pop~ AAH!!
    ~pop~ AAAHH!
    ~pop~ UGH...
    ~pop~ IIEE!!
    ~pop~ ARRRGH!
    ~pop~ AAH!!

;)OK, that's how some battles go for me already, but i'm talking kobolds, not Melissan...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.