1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anybody plans on getting the game next week?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by khaavern, Oct 26, 2006.

1. khaavern Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

So, NWN 2 is going to be out in a week or so. Is anybody planning to get the game as soon as it comes out? Or, did anybody preorder it?

I don't have so much free time right now, so even if I get around to buying it, I'll probably won't be able to play for some time. But I'd like to hear what other people think.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm going to be playing it as soon as I can lay my hands on it and I even know what character I'm going to start with. ;)

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

No, I'm waiting until it's reviewed, it might be a really bad game...

4. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Well the first one didn't really pique my interest soooo ...

5. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

If it comes out at the same price as the first one ($79.99) it can wait a while... otherwise, I'll give it a week, listen to the gripes of the community, and then maybe pick it up.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I would like to be able to buy it and play it soon, but I don't have the money now for either the game, or a PC on which to play it, so it will have to wait at least until after Christmas. Although, as Sarevok has said, if the reviews and feedback here are bad, I won't bother (like I have not ever bothered with Dragonshard, Temple of Elemental Evil, or Pools of Radiance).

7. khaavern Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well, if you pay attention to discussions on boards, it seems that NWN2 is going to be a relatively decent game, at least. The guy who did reviews for the other Bioware/ Black Isle games for Gamespot had quite glowing words; something about the best RPG since Baldur's Gate :) . At least these were his unofficial claims (on some forum boards); the NWN2 review he did is not officialy published, yet.

Anyhow, to the extent that they built most of the game on the original NWN lines (only the graphics engine is new, if I understand correctly), I think they could have hardly gone very wrong. So I have good hopes for this game

[ October 26, 2006, 05:01: Message edited by: khaavern ]

8. ion Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Id buy it in a second if my computer could play it well.

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I wouldn't mind waiting a few months to get it but I think my husband might go and buy it for me for a surprise. He knows that its a game I've been waiting for and it is one of the reasons that he upgraded my computer for me.

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I'll be getting it the moment it's released in New Zealand.

11. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I pre-ordered the Special Edition (LG), but play.com seems to have none in stock. :( I hope they get some soon...

12. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'm just waiting for it to be delivered, I have the special edition (LG) on pre-order just waiting for it to arrive. I placed the order in September

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

They said the same things about Civilisation: Call to Power, which was supposed to be a fantastic new version of a classic game, but that was terrible. We had to wait for Civilisation III for a really good new version of Civ and Civ II.

14. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

The game will be released in Brazil on November 3th, and I'll buy it on the same day.

I just can't wait it. :xx:

15. Harbourboy

I am surprised that so many of you are lucky (or rich) enough to have flash highly spec'd PCs that can even play this game.

16. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Nah Harbs my next PC will be a flash highly spec'd one, I've just got more memory for this PC :D

17. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It's called a credit card. I am a student, and even I have a high spec PC, made by myself of course, it's a lot cheaper that way.

18. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I remember the first one coming out at $50, and this one is online for pre-order at $50.

I'm going to wake up Tuesday at 6:30, and instead of going to school, I'm going to buy the special edition of the game and play it all day long :) .

EDIT:
    What's the (LG) in every pre-order of the special edition? I haven't been able to find any special editions for pre-order anywhere, just the regular edition with a bonus.

As for my PC - I built it myself for $1400 and came out as good as my friends $5000 alienware :) . /gg

19. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I will probably check it out as well. But since I felt bigtime cheated when i bought the first nwn game, wich I think was utter crap, I will probably download this one illegally hehe.
    I will buy it if I like it though. But I do have bigtime doubts about this one. I read on this site I belive, that your party member`s can`t die and stuff. Just drop to the ground and get back up after the fight is won. I dunno about other players, but I don`t like it when the producers are "holding my hand" when I`m playing.

I predict the game will be mediocre. Good graphics, hopefully some interesting NPC`s, but I doubt the storyline will be any good. One can allways hope though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.