1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Any Formula 1 Fans out there?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kuja, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Kuja Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

well when this years season first started, i kinda made character portraits for most of the well known Formula 1 drivers (Michael,Ralf,Montoya,Culthard,etc.). Its really funny playing BG2 with F1 drivers. i had Barrichello as a Bounty Hunter:p. Anyways i could send you pics if you wanted.

2. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

And schumacher as a chaotic evil assasin with a charisma of 2. :mad:

[This message has been edited by Vukodlak (edited April 15, 2002).]

3. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Schumacher owns!

4. Kyrre Gems: 1/31

Kimi Räikkönen and Mika Salo Ownz!!

5. Aksun Papa Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] How does it look like Coulthard level drained? :grin: You should make some custom sounds too!

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I hate anything that's shown on TV inside "Sports". That includes Formula 1.

But that's not the reason I'm spamming here. I predict a very short time of this thread being in this forum.

Have you even read the forums descriptions?

7. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

F1 is a fantastic sport, though not quite as good as cricket.

My flatmate and I can never work out quite why it is so good, cos the actual viewing is potentially quite dull (not much action for most of the time, little emotion displayed at any time, 60 odd laps etc) - I suspect it is cos we are both boys, and so like cars...

8. ArchAngel Guest

I agree with Vukodlak here. Schumacher is the least inspiring "hero" I could ever imagine. He is utterly uncharming.

That aside F1 is excellent... from time to time... There is only a limit to how interesting it can be, for instance this latest one. They all finished as they started. Must be the fast cars that attract me once in a while.

9. sorvo Guest

Drove up to Montreal to see one 8 years ago, hell of a drunkin bliss(Molsen XXX and Labatt's Maximum Blue) I am now a Montoya fan since he switched from CART:)

10. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

So has anyone any predictions for when Minardi will win the championship?

11. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think schumacher is great, he drives aggresively and properly.

He has more charisma than Mika hakkinen, I;ve seen interviews of him (esp. the one with Jeremy Clarkson where they had a game of "slaps") and I think he looks like quite a nice guy...

Edit : what is CART?

[This message has been edited by Christopher_Lee (edited April 16, 2002).]

12. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Woohoo! Hopefully I'm going to the British Grand Prix this summer :D

13. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

CL: Schumacher is probably the best F1 driver at the moment (since Mika is semi-retired) but I prefer to judge his character from his behaviour and not from pre-arranged interviews (besides, next to Jeremy Clarckson even Margaret Thatcher would appear charismatic).

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Extremist, what's wrong with this topic? It really belongs here I think... It's just about a sport. Never knew it was wrong to post about sports..... When you don't like sports, why do you even still read this?

Personally, I'm a fan of many sports, including Formule 1. It's a pity that there is no real competition for Ferrari at the moment though, and I also think it's a pity that dutch Verstappen doesn't drive this year. For the rest I like the sports... it's more then just about speed, it's about having a good team, organization, use the right tyres, etc.... it's very technically.

Wildfire: Silverstone rules! :)

15. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Marnix: This was originally posted in the BG2 forum, which is what prompted Ex's response. And yeah, Silverstone does rule :D.

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Ah, didn't knew that :p

17. sorvo Guest

CART(Championship Auto Racing Teams) This happened when Indy split up a while back. The other is IRL(Indy Racing League) which I will be going to this weekend at Nazareth, PA:)

18. Silverblade Guest

I love Formula 1. Unfortunately I never been to a race, I usually just watch in on tv. To bad Jos isn't racing this year, he really is an excellent driver.

19. total Guest

Hi all!

I would just say to Headbanger to check, oh well i am late Ferrari won the last one, but Montoya and R Schumacher are good and they have good engines, so they are good competition for Bariccello & M Schum.

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I remember when I was on 7th grade, my History teacher was a huge Ferrari fan. We had loads of fun gloating every time Mika Hakkinen (it should have the accent dots on the a but I don't know the code or have scands) won. It was a grand time....

I am, though, a bit peeved that there are no female drivers in F1. :hahaerr:

But, there are some promising ones here in Finland... mark my words, there will be a Finnish female driver in the F1....

Edit: Maybe you should send the portraits for Tal so he can put them up here in SP.

Edit: A few dumb mistakes in spelling and such

Ara
    (:hippy: <- That's me!)

[This message has been edited by Arabwel (edited April 17, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Arabwel (edited April 19, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.