1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Another poll, most hated NPC

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tyresian, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I'm just curious and im not sure if this has been asked before.

Anyways mine are Drizzt and Saemon. I always take special satisfaction in killing them.

2. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I enjoy killing Bodhi just to get rid of that terrible voice-acting.

Nalia's fiancee wannabe is my least favorite NPC though. He just rubs me the wrong way.

3. ayecapitan Guest

Jarlaxle, my ever favorite FR literature character, just so much annoys me in BG2 by his so unoriginal, trivial actions.

There is no need to be annoyed witch characters just because they have been given standard scripts to assume that they are richer that you are. But Drizzt drives me crazy, for he is to weak for real Drizzt in this game. :rolleyes:

[This message has been edited by ayecapitan (edited July 18, 2001).]

4. Fubini Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Noober, Neeber, Lady Delicia, Nalia, every other noble too stupid to see that you're richer than they are, Yoshimo, Saemon, Sime, Sir Ryan Trawl,
    (-"If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."
    -"Well actually, I could use..."
    -"As long as you don't need anything, goodbye")

Wow, lots of characters really annoy me. I'm sure there are even more.

5. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Though he is very useful Anomen is annoying me so mutch with his voice and speech that I sometimes kill him with finger of death just to make him stop talking.

Irenicus is the second most irritating person in the game...not that I must kill him three times just to get rid of him his manner makes me mad :mad:! I hate him so mutch!

6. Mistyca Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Some of the most hated: Anomen, Cernd, Saemon

7. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

DIE MINSC, DIE!!! I don't know why everybody thinks he's funny, but his dialogue pisses me off.... Don't kill me, Miniature Giant Space Hamster lovers. Also Anomen's voice acting is annoying, but not as annoying as Edwin's.

8. Song Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I sincerely dislike almost everyone in the Governement building. Also I am not fond of Keldorn's wife.

9. Shade Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I hate Anomen for his voice pack, but I like Saemon. It's so satisfying that whenever he tries to kill me, it is nothing but another small unsignificate fight. Also, I like it when I see Saemon, because I think I might get a chance to slice his head with Korgon's axe, not to mention have Korgon deliver a blow to his nads with the Crom Feayr. Heh heh heh. Ouch. Yes, Saemon is one person I enjoy seeing. I get a mad glint in my eye whenever he comes by!

10. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

What is with you people and Saemon? He is one of my most favorite NPC's and I'm not being sarcastic. He's just out for himself that's all, and without him you wouldn't get part of the Silver Sword.
    Now, worst NPC's ahh I hate Lethinan in the Cooper Coronet. He is a slimey punk with a hiss for a voice. Torgal (or however you spell it) and that little sniffing sound he makes and his bad English. The Shade Lord is another punk with a voice that compels me to drive a sword through him ;) And the good guy that gets me is Elhan and his truth seeing mages. Good grief.

11. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

I absolutely detest Drizzt and Elminster. Well, uh, let me qualify that. I detest their existence in these games. It's forced, it's stupid, and it destroys whatever segments of the game the programmers insist on shoehorning them into. It reminds me of Champions in high school, when the really bad GM would insist on making you run into Superman or Batman every freaking mission. No matter WHERE you went. Why the hell did Drizzt and Elminster happen to come to Amn the same month the PC did? They were in Baldur's Gate when we happened to be there, and now they just can't let the camera move away from them, huh? Bet if we were unexpectedly kidnapped to Rasheman we'd find those two waiting for us with smug, fawning cameos. Bet if we went off spelljamming they'd cut us off in their invincible-hero-mobile. :p

Within the game, I hate Irenicus most. He's evil, he's slimy, he's disdainful of me, he killed two of my BGI buddies who fought Sarevok with me, he tortured my little sister, and he TOOK HER BELT OFF. Ew. I don't wanna think about that too much. (-: From outside the game, though, I liked Irenicus. He's the villain. Your characters SHOULD hate him. He was suitably creepy, I liked his evil voice, and there was a sense of accomplishment in defeating him. And I liked that he named a spell "Rapture of the Father." That's got style.

Similarly, I hated Saemon and Jarlaxle because of the incredibly lame tricks they tried to pull on us. Especially Saemon's really bad attempt to frame us with the sword. That was like something your six-year-old brother tries on the babysitter, man. And I hated the guy who stole that kid's teddy bear, and the abusive boyfriend of Cernd's ex-wife, and that b---h Phaere. I killed them all. (-: But you're >supposed< to hate those guys, after all.

The only 'good guys' I strongly disliked were Drizzt and Elminster, though I agree with the people who weren't fond of Nalia's aunt and Keldorn's wife.

12. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Oh wow, Irenicus is incredible IMO. "You dare to attack me here. Do you even know whom you face?" "You bore me mageling." "No, you warrant no villian's exposition from me." "Life, is power."
    I could go on and on with the absolutely incredible voice pack they did for Jon Irenicus...its top shelf friends. The inflections, the passion, its very well acted and I am impressed.

13. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

[​IMG] Irenicus is an extremely cool and creepy villain!

14. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

MINSC AND BOO!!!! I HATE them both and i always kill that son-of-a-b***h and his hamster while still trapped in his cage. I had him in my party once and that was a never-again experience. And Irenicus is annoying, Arie is annoying, Jan is funny, Bodhi is annoying, The Githyanki Wild mage with the silver blade hilt is funny, and MaeVaer is annoying.

15. Killer Dwarf Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Any Childern In My Two-Handed Swords Reach :D

Dwarf Killer
    The Baby Killing Paladin

16. Acemandoo Gems: 3/31

I HATE Xzar, simply because i want him in my team, he rocked in the first game, and in the second one you cant use him, its just so unfair, also Tiax, he rules, but on BG2 hes locked up. Highly unorthodox, yet slightly humerous. I WANT THEM BACK!!!!!!!!!

17. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Jaheira and Minsc are the worst the just never shut up.

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

From party member NPCs there is only one I hate. And that's Keldorn. Lawful good my ass. If murder is good, then make me evil.

From all other NPCs I hated mostly Tanova. She was my earliest pain in the ass. You know, when she spawns with two vampires at Athkatla streets during the night and you don't have anything good enough to use against her. But, later I discovered Daystar... :D

19. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

The thing that pisses me off about Keldorn is that he makes such a big fuss about how drow should all be killed and tries to kill Viconia, but if you attack Drizzt, then Keldorn goes along with all the other good NPCs and attacks you instead. :p

20. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

Viconia actually pisses me off too because she bitches at you all the time. Not that she *ISN'T* one of the best BGII romance potentials, but.... If you're in a romance with her, her insults can get annoying!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.